SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_734367986

Did I just kill this tree?

Avery Justice
last year
last modified: last year

Been transplanting pine trees to my yard. I've did 8. 3 died. 5 lived and were doing great. Did another as a replacement. I learned how to do it better, but still 6 out 9 seems pretty like pretty good results, I think.Anyway I was weed eating and being extremely careful when the string hit the metal tree stand and bump me into the tree. If I had been less careful I would have probably never hit it in a million years. I'm very annoyed I did this. It didn't go all the way around the tree but it did take some of the bark off. This tree was doing so well. Also what kind of pine is this? Is it loblolly or long leaf, of anybody can tell by the pictures? It is about 2 to 3 feet tall.If I have to transplant another I will but dang this tree was looking so good. All in all I plan on doing at least another 6 to 10 trees anyway but I hate to keep back tracking.I did not see how to upload images. Here is the tree from up close and back a bit.Edit: I tried over and over to get an image to upload even at the advice of the comment below. The beat I could do was this image link.https://ibb.co/z6fH1wH

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022