SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsay_c52

Kitchen with a butlers pantry/ mudroom/ dry bar renovation

last year
last modified: last year

We are hoping to turn our "playroom" into an extension of our kitchen. It will be sort of it's own room since there are walls between but there are cutouts to walk through. Our idea is to have the back, large wall as storage- hopefully a large pantry wall/ built in type. We would like the wall with the windows to be low cabinets with a counter top and a mini fridge.

Here are some questions:

We do not love the dark stain of our kitchen cabinets. Can we do a different color and/or style in the new room?

Would there be any way to fit a tiny sitting area somewhere? Would a bench towards the bottom of the pantry wall look too much like a mud room?

We thought of taking down the wall with the large flower painting to open up and let light through to the hallway. (The door at the end is the garage entrance and the door on the left is the powder room) However, the floors would need to be redone which go throughout the whole downstairs. We thought of taking the flower painting wall down and adding a knee high wall to open it up/brighten it up. My other idea is to do a different type of flooring in the pantry type room. Maybe a brick/ rustic look?

I have some pictures attached that I will try to explain!

Here are the kitchen cabinets. The playroom is on the left.

Looking at the playroom. Two entrances one thru kitchen one through a hallway that has the garage entrance and powder room

Hopefully the large wall will be a pantry/built ins. The flower painting wall is what we are thinking of taking down or making knee height

Wall opposite the flower painting. Low cabinets here with mini fridge

Behind this wall on the right is garage entrance and powder room hallway

Here is the hall way with garage entrance shown. on the left is the powder room entrance. This is the back of the flower wall.

. Any help is so appreciated!

Comments (8)