SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skewert1

convert wet bar to dry bar….cut drain into counter?

skewert1
2 years ago

I plan to convert our “butler’s pantry” wet bar to a dry bar during the renovation. So I have better storage and somewhere to set out food when we use the dining room.

It is primarily a beverage station, for past 5 years solely for wine storage and cocktails. Rarely used the sink, only for dropped ice cubes. New layout will be 24” wine fridge , 24” drawer stack, 24” beverage center. The ice machine moving from bar to kitchen island by prep sink, eliminating the only thing we ever used the sink for.

The dilemma was introduced during the remodel. Turns out, we really like having our coffee station there too. In which case, a sink might actually be useful. But too late, cabinets already on site and will be installed on Monday.

We planned to make the counter extra deep, so we would have some room to run a flexible drain pipe behind the drawer stack. Has anyone seen a drain cut into the counter? That way I could put a little pot filler or filtered water tap at the back, with a drain centered at back of counter. Could pour out extra coffee or melted ice cubes or whatnot down the drain. But still have drawers and uninterrupted run of counter space.

Thinking a 12” rectangular shower drain could work. Has anyone seen this done? Any reasons this wouldn’t work?

Picture shows old wet bar (with new ice machine not fully installed) and the huge sink base (tiny prep sink out of view). And sample drain grate.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County