SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Myalgia and other things

Jasdip
last year

I went to the doctor yesterday. I have pain on my outer thigh along the muscle. Not pain walking, or during the day but at night if I lay on it. It throbs. And rubbing it hurts.

This is a new dr, I've only seen her couple or three times. It's hard to find a different doctor if you already have one, there's a big shortage (as there is everywhere).

Our previous dr was an absolute gem. Tom (and I) loved her. She was so good with Tom and his health issues. She went on mat leave and decided to move back to her hometown far from here. Sigh. So her practice was taken over by another team.

This one is abrupt, not the friendly feel-good bedside manner. When she first came in to the room I mentioned I have 3 or 4 issues. I mentioned my leg and she said that I have myalgia. I said that was news to me, and she showed me my chart on the computer and it said Myalgia NYD (not yet diagnosed) from a previous visit. She scheduled me for bloodwork.

I also mentioned my knees bothering me at times and she felt them and said I have osteo-arthritis, but not severe. Gave me a rec for an x-ray Then she said that's 2 things what's the 3rd. In a rush. I mentioned my heel problem a plantar fasciitis, pain when I get up in the morning and difficulty walking. We talked about that for a couple of minutes, then out the door I went.

I think I'll be really sick when I see her next or make sure I have a few things to mention to get them all over with at once. I don't feel like seeing her any more than I have to.

So I'm noodling a bit to see what myalgia is and how to take care of it. I've heard of fibro-myalgia but not strait myalgia

Comments (10)