SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patrick_perry62

Tiny Backyard Ideas

Patrick Perry
last year

Hi there. I live in Chicago and I’m renting a new apartment and for the first time, I have a tiny little backyard of my own. It is quite small and there is a built on deck on the second floor that hovers over it. I’m trying to figure out a way to use the space. This is a rented apartment so I can’t do heavy landscaping. I can add things, but must be removed when I leave and I don’t want to go too overboard. They have no problem with me tending to the yard (plucking weeds, planting flowers, etc.), but bushes and planted plants must stay.

I hope to live here for at least 4 years. I live by myself so I was thinking of just getting two porch chairs and a tiny table. I just want a small place to sit with a friend.

The sidewalk that I’m standing on to take the photo must be accessed at all times so that’s why that side of the yard is not shown in the photos. The brick area however leads nowhere and can be used for whatever.

I am open to any suggestions, even if the porch chairs and table are omitted. A small charcoal grill would be nice as well, but I have no idea where I’d put it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (10)