SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosier_nan

FFO and other flowers

Finally we have our first flower open here. We did Nordic Sunshine open just a couple of days ago, but it was newly purchased and was grown in a greenhouse right up to when we got it. It came from Northern Lights Daylilies.

This is Begins with a Bang which we purchased because it it an extra early bloomer. I am don't think I love the color, but you can't be too picky with the early ones.

This daylily is one that was planted last season and was picked for the dark scapes. They are the darkest I have seen so far. I think the scapes look even blacker in person. This is Vader's Choice. The flower is yellow.

Here a few roses that are blooming. These are all growing in pots. We don't know the name of the first one. It was purchased as Double Delight, which it clearly is not. It looks like it belongs in the Peace family. It is a very vigorous grower. Its fault is the lack of fragrance.

This is Double Delight (before it colors up). This is my favorite rose because of the color combination and the wonderful fragrance.

This rose started my rose interest. This is Tropicana. My mom was given a bouquet of roses from a customer's garden and this was one of them. I loved it so much and had to purchase one.

Some of the dianthus start blooming later than the others. This one have bigger flowers.

Nancy

Comments (3)