SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petalique

Ever had items nicked from your car while it’s in the shop?

petalique
last year
last modified: last year

I have. Whether at a dealer or private repair shop. I often haven’t noticed it right at the time. Now we remove some items before a car appointment. This has been on my mind today as I order replacements.

Pinched items included Swiss army knife (jackknife), a nice horn handled folding knife that I kept in glovebox (for boating, fishing, cutting branches — just a utility knife, but a nice one). Also one of those ”emergency” mylar blankets (that had been in the pocket behind the driver’s seat.

Because I did not notice the items missing for a week or so, I couldn’t be 100% sure, but I was PDS. I decided not to say anything to the owner/manager for several reasons.

Get’s my goat. The very idea of someone stealing a few simple items, is troubling beyond any value of the nicked things. So, head’s up and I am curious if anyone else has had items go missing like that.

The mechanic at the private place was very good, and affordable. For several reasons, we’ve not had to have repairs or work done at those two shops.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts