SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

In a jam-- can you help with a Mother's Day Gift

Funkyart
last year

My gift for my mother isn't going to arrive in time.. so I am hobbling together a couple of ideas from my "gift closet", local stores that deliver and my own cupboards.

Right now, I have two options.. or i could do both but they don't really relate all that well.

Option 1. Fresh flowers, Strawberry Champagne Jam.. Peach Prosecco Preserve and a delightful Blood Orange Confiture. Mom loves jams and preserves and i have all of the above..

I was going to make either sugared scones or raspberry scones to go with-- or purchase croissants. Thoughts?

(She has a case++ of her favorite champagne so I wouldn't add a bottle to this.)

Option 2. Fresh flowers, a large bottle of premade 1800 Margarita (the only premade margarita I like), A lily pulitizer thermal glass (i only have 1.. but i also have a matching 20 0z tumbler), and palm cocktail umbrellas. Anything i can easily add to make this more of a gift?

Mom likes to sit by the pool with margaritas.. she won't swim, but she'll sip ;)

Anything else that i can quickly and easily pull together? The gift that didn't arrive is a lily pulitzer top-- I will likely save it and give it to her before she takes a trip in June.

Maybe Option: There is a greek restaurant with a lovely outdoor courtyard that I know she'd love-- They don't do gift certs but I could make one for her with photos of the outside courtyard. That just feels lame though-- I'd gladly treat her there regardless of Mother's Day. And it isn't really something to open though i could tuck a card into her flowers.

I feel like a rotten daughter lol.. I should have planned better. :(

Comments (41)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida