SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
always1stepbehind

butcherblock countertops in small galley kitchen...

always1stepbehind
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I am doing a mini-mini facelift in my small galley kitchen. I have 2 feet on each side of stove side of the kitchen and 2 feet on each side of the sink side of the kitchen. So not a lot of counterspace.

I have oak cabinets I'll have painted white and will have these countertops (linked below) installed. I'm reading up butcherblock counters and from what I can understand you can either seal with an oil to use them like a cutting board or stain and seal them to make them water and stain proof which is more in line of what I would like.

I've read you should seal within so many days of installing or taking out of the packaging..?? Also to seal both sides.

Would like to get any helpful feedback on what has worked for you or what to avoid etc etc.

The countertops look pretty much like on the website. all pretty uniform in color and is pretty light unsealed.

EDITED TO ADD: I do not want a super shiny finish.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CenterPointe-CenterPointe-25-in-x-50-in-x-1-5-in-Butcher-Block-Countertop-in-Unfinished-Hevea-Wood/1003066166?cm_mmc=shp--c--prd--kab--ggl--LIA_KAB_233_Countertops--1003066166--local--0-_-0amp;ds_rl=1286981&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI__inqJWw9wIVix6tBh0RpgqrEAQYAiABEgIf3vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment