SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_3240

Looking for photos of open shelving wrapping a corner

User
2 years ago

I am trying to envision open shelving on my sink wall. I love the look of no uppers, but I need more cabinets than that. Right now I have an orphan cabinet to the left of sink, which I really hate (it would be better if it weren't so dark, but it just ... floats ....). I am planning to move the dishwasher to that side of sink, and island behind with dish drawers, but I think I want to put floating shelves on either side of the window there. Of course it isn't centered at all, so I am trying to figure out how to best balance it.

First pic is basic dimensions with planned island. Second pic is rough future layout. Third is current space. Subsequent pics are ideas but not quite the layout I would have.

I guess I am wondering if I should wrap the open shelving around the corner, then flank the hood and range with upper cabinets, or make smaller open shelving and wrap the closed cabinetry around the corner. I will not be using dark upper cabinetry, so that will help regardless, but I'm still trying to avoid a lopsided kitchen.

Comments (7)