SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_544113008

Feedback on condo bathroom remodel

ChrisA
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Renovating a condo and doing my own interior design (and learning on the job). Luckily I've had several months to work on things, but I feel like I dug a hole with the bathroom. It's a pretty small bathroom.

I wanted a marble shower and I designed one in Bardiglio with 18x18 tiles and a Nero highlight. Then I worked from that to figure out the rest... I've already ordered the marble and its on its way, but I kind of wish I could start over... Crazy thing is I was able to design from floorplans and pictures while the place was occupied but now I realize the floorplans are inaccurate and the bathroom is 6 inches shorter. 48" vanity just became 42" (which throws my vanity design for a loop). It's ended up a darker color bathroom, which I like, but not sure I'm pulling it off well. The floors are porcelain tile that looks like cement in a lighter color but not white. There is a skylight in the shower!

Open to opinions, advice and suggestions. Here's some current and then what I'm planning.

I had hoped to do a cubby hole towel section of the vanity. Tried to balance the visual symmetry but I might just go with three small drawers on each side of the cabinet. Thought about towels under but didn't like the look of my first few attempts to model.

Comments (37)