SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
segbrown_gw

What would YOU do? Ski condo bathroom remodel

segbrown
16 years ago

I'm shamelessly trolling for ideas. We have remodeled almost all of a 2 bed/2 ba mountain condominium -- all but the bathrooms, which we are starting now.

The first will be the hall bath with your basic tub/shower, toilet, and 36-in. vanity. We plan on using a tub with shower curtain, and tiling the walls inside.

I think we want to keep the style for this bath fairly similar to the rest of the inside, particularly the kitchen, using the same cabinet for the vanity, and possibly even the same granite -- Sapphire Blue -- for the vanity top.

We have slate in the foyer right between the bath and the kitchen. (Ignore runner, that was just a failed experiment; yes, there is now a fifth hook on the wall. And baseboards. Bath door is on the right.)

Main room looks like this:

So we kind of have a modified rustic thing going ... the walls are white, but the woodwork is pine. I'm not a big fan of beige ... (okay, beige floors are okay). Our accents are copper tones and dark browns and slate blues.

I don't want anything too busy in the bathroom, but I'd like some of the rustic/slate looking accents. I don't want the travertine look, but it doesn't seem like white subway tiles are exactly the way to go, either.

I'm also toying with the idea of using that copper-colored tin that we have on the backsplash ... but where? Maybe the ceiling, maybe as wainscoting? Is that too much?

Same for the floor -- in one way it seems like it would be neat to continue the slate into the bathroom, but it might just be too busy for that small of a space. Plus there is the sealing/stone issue. Maybe the wood-look porcelain, to match the kitchen floor (which is dark wood planks)? Too dark? maybe pick out some of the lighter-colored pieces of the slate and use just those?

Thanks in advance. I hope this isn't too scattered...

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths