SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foti_gi

Trouble picking paint color and vanity for very small master bathroom

Fifi P.
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hello to all,

I'm renovating a very small master bathroom with a little bit of an odd setup (shower is set more behind due to a stack and there is a wall between shower and bathroom). The room fits about a 28-31 inch vanity.

Floor is 24 x 24 shiny finish medium grey with white marbling ceramic tile (already installed, see photos.) Someone mentioned the tiles look more taupe on their monitor, but in reality I'd say they are really a more icy medium grey with lines of different shades of grey and white going through them. I've added another picture of just the floor in case that helps.

I would like your ideas regarding 1) wall color; 2) vanity color and/or ideas given the small space for it; 3) ideas what to do with the shower niche and 4) ideas as to what background (paint or wallpaper) to do in the built-in storage niche to the left of the toilet)

Regarding walls : I have a lot of grey wall tones around the house (including in my master bedroom, which this bathroom is inside of) and want to avoid grey for the walls, maybe a bit more of color? I tried a medium blue on the wall (see photo), but didn't like it. I'm afraid a very light blue will make it look like a child's nursery...

The hardware will be matte black (I already bought the shower system set, faucet, shower doors : see pictures, the door knob is also matte black), the shower will be tiled with a bevelled white subway tile (see photo) and there will be a large niche in the shower (I was thinking a herringbone shiny stone finish grey tile in there, but not yet decided- thoughts?).

On the wall where toilet will go, there is a built in niche which is white with wood, see photo (but the wood can be painted). I'm thinking I'll do a wallpaper in the background but don't have any specific ideas yet. Any ideas on this?

Onto the subject of vanities, I can't do floating unless very little floor shows because the plumbing pipes would show. I was thinking to avoid navy vanities, as I'm doing the navy blue with gold hardware, white marble tiles in my other bathroom. Also, maybe not grey? I've picked my vanity light and really like it, but it's chrome. Any ideas on how to tie it in with the rest of the black hardware or would you just paint the ball part matte black and leave the back part mirrored as is?)

As requested, I've also added a plan of the room. Now bare

with me and don't laugh too hard, I'm not a designer by any means and it's definitely not to scale (No, I don't have a giant toilet lol), but the measurements are on there and it should help get an idea of the space).

I'm in awe with the pictures of your homes here, and you folks have very nice taste! Any input would be appreciated! thanks so much :D Hellppp, lol!

Comments (26)