SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desert_heat

Paint color for a small bathroom

Desert_Heat
15 years ago

I'm having a hard time picking a paint color for a small powder room that we are updating. I've tried many samples and so far I like SW- "Sea Salt" and "Rainwashed." The tile flooring is staying as it was installed about 6 or 7 years ago and is the same as in the hallway. It's a neutral light creamy beige color with darker beige as well. We will be going with a small vanity in a dark Espresso with a white china euro-style sink top and a mirror that matches the vanity. There is a built in wall cabinet as well so we will have the doors refaced to go with the vanity. The faucet, towel bar tissue bar, and above vanity lighting are all going to be brushed nickel.We might change the doors on the small shower as well to get rid of the chrome. The toilet will be white. The styling on all the fixtures and the vanity are what I would call traditional without being ornate. I really like "rainwashed" but I am thinking maybe it is to colorful for such a small room with no window. It's more colorful than the paints in the rest of the house though so maybe that is why I am thinking it is too much. My other choice is "Sea Salt." Has anyone used this color in a bathroom before? Right now the bathroom is so stark looking with white walls, white pedastal sink, toilet, and light beige tile that I am not visualizing it the way it will look once we have it updated.

Comments (9)