SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biondanonima

Help choosing paint color for small bathrooms!

Our new home has the same floor tile and paint color in both the downstairs powder room and the upstairs full bath. The tile is an odd, mottled mixture of colors that shows beige, gray, gray-blue, and almost a terracotta color depending on the light. The first photo is from the powder room, which has no window and warm-toned lightbulbs in the fixtures. On the right side, you can see the wall color, which is a sagey green semi-gloss. The second photo is the same tile in natural light - as you can see, it's quite a chameleon depending on the lighting.

Anyway, we are not wild about the tile but we're not in a position to replace it right now. The powder room paint is in fine shape, but the upstairs bathroom badly needs to be repainted. The question is, what color? My husband is the primary user of that bathroom and he prefers earth tones and blues in dark shades, both of which I like, but I'm concerned that a dark color will look tomb-like and/or be too stark a contrast to the white shower tile/fixtures. Also, there's the damn floor tile to consider. Here's a shot of the bathroom in question (there's not much more to it, just the toilet next to the sink - the whole room is about 8x5):

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)