SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Seeking Input on New Luggage

Funkyart
2 years ago

I have a few trips coming up in 2022 and I think it's time for new luggage. I used and loved a soft-sided set of London Fog luggage through the late 90s and early 2000s. I LOVED it but when it came time to replace it, i found the LF quality had gone way downhill. Most notably, the leather had been replaced with manmade materials. I have since used 3 different pieces that I didn't love but that did the job. Now I'd like to get a set (or at least 2 pieces) that is reasonably priced, looks nice and lasts.

I've always preferred soft side luggage-- it seems most adaptable and durable but I am wondering if I should get on the hard side team? Do you prefer hard side pieces?

If I go hard-sided, I have found two lines I like. I was hoping for a lower price point but I don't want to buy luggage again in 5 yr. so i am willing to spend a *little* more for good quality and durability. I haven't yet found a soft-side set I like enough to compare. I'll continue to look.

The Delsey Chatelet -- i like the look and the reviews. I also like that it doesn't have that glossy space station look. (I'd likely go with the chocolate. Love the lighter color but seems bound to get scuffed and ugly).

I also like the Bric Amalfi line - my biggest caution is that they sell a transparent cover for it. Does that mean it will be scuffed easily?.

Do you love your luggage? What do you carry-- soft or hard sided?

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz