SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aussiewilkins

New home kitchen design, seeking input!

Andrew W.
6 years ago

I am in the process of building a new home and am trying to figure out the best possible kitchen design. My wife loves to cook so this part of our home is really important to us. We had a butler's kitchen in our last home and liked this feature to hide the mess when entertaining. We left appliances that we would normally keep in the cupboard (panini press, food processor) on the counter in the butler's kitchen and we ended up using them a lot more when they were readily accessible. We are planning on having a BlueStar Range 36 or 42". We do not microwave much so we will install a Miele speed oven to have an electric oven with microwaving capabilities. Fridge will be integrated 36" column and freezer 30" column (looking at Dacor Modernist series but there isn't much feedback on this new line yet). Two dishwashers both Miele. The style of the kitchen will be more traditional - shaker cupboards in white or gray and neolith counters in calacatta (similar appearance to the marble). I have included a drawing of the preliminary layout that we are considering. We do a fair amount of entertaining and we have two young boys so often many other kids hanging around the house. I have heard great things about the feedback on this forum and I am very thankful for any input that you can offer!

!

Comments (11)