OT.....where DOES that other sock go ?
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (23)
Related Discussions
Whoa! Socked by FL "use tax"
Comments (17)I'm in PA. About 3 months ago (here at the new house) I too received a letter from our Revenue Dept. It wasn't threatening, it just stated that the appliances I purchased in 2009 (!!!) did not have PA state tax paid on them. They were purchased at the local appliance store, which just happened to be in Tax Free Delaware. Mind you, those were the appliances from my LAST reno! I contacted the store and they told me that the state of PA came in with a court order that they turn over all their records for the last 3 years. Well, that purchase was probably right at the 3 year mark. But, we did buy some more stuff from them for this house. Not too much, but the store we bought our dishdrawers, range top, etc from did not carry SZ. So we bought from the DE dealer, and they brought them up to us, even though the new house is 2 hours from their store. (I bought a clearance item, it was a good deal that no one local could match). Anyhow, I'm waiting for the bill to come for that one. One of my old neighbors who did a kitchen reno, and bought all of her appliances from the same DE store, got a tax bill too, hers was around $800. And they give you 15 days to pay it! We didn't go to that store to avoid the tax, it truly was the place nearby that carried the appliances we wanted...including the Capital range. The dealer told me that now if they are delivering to PA, they charge tax. If it is a pickup item (which our stuff was in 2009), then they just do the paperwork without a name....See MoreWhat does this mean? Pattern, sock, help
Comments (5)Okay. Ruffled sock pattern. This is for the ruffle. The line in the pattern says: K1. (yfwd) twice. *K5, slip 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th sts over first st, (yfwd) twice. Question One: *YFWD(Yarn Forward) also means YO(Yarn Over). So if you havn't done that before it does mean to wrap the yarn around the needle twice. Question Two: K5. Slip 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th sts over first st. WHAT IN THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN? I have done a slip, knit, then pass the slipped stitched over the last knit and off right hand needle before, but nothing like this. What needle am I slipping these stitches from, and am I slipping them across to another needle or am I dropping them off? *This is like the slip passover BUT you are going to do 4 in a row. If you want get a marker to show where the first stitch (of the K5). I like a small scrap of a different color. Someone once told me "Don't think about what it's telling you to do, just do what it says." So K5, take S(titch)2 slip over S1, S3 slip over S1, S4 over S1, S5 over S1. Question 3: Pick up and knit stitches along the side of the heel flap. I am assuming that I insert a single DPN (as a right needle) in the edge of the flap, yarn over, and draw the yarn through to stay on the right needle even though there is no left needle involved. Is this correct? *There is a great sock demo that shows this every well. I think I have the link done right (http://www.royea.net/sockdemo1.html). Page 3 is picking up the gusset. That has been one of the best explainations I've seen on the web. I hope this has helped you some and feel free to ask anything eles if you need too. Here is a link that might be useful: Sock Demo...See MoreQuestion for sock knitters
Comments (12)Great socks, Socks! I get mine closer to the same size by working on both socks at the same time. I start them both at the same time on different sets of needles, which helps me get them to match, also. I do a couple of inches on one, then on the other. That way, my gauge stays almost the same on each sock. When I have a ball of yarn that will make two socks, instead of needing two balls, I get out the kitchen scale and weigh it, then wind another ball out of it until I get equal balls. You may have to pull out almost a golf ball size ball until the ends match, but you can use it up at the toe if you run out on one sock. There, no one will ever know they don't match! Keep up the good work. I no longer consider you a novice!!! Tami...See MoreSocks and stuff
Comments (3)Isn't it nice to know there is at least a small group of people out there who "get it" that getting rid of the sock basket is an improvement in your life? I use Flylady's daily routine and zone cleaning system, so the stuff around the house just flows smoothly. Since they see me using my daily control journal, they like having their own daily sheets. Link below on the sheets I've adapted for the younger three kids. The biggest thing my kids have to be responsible for is picking up after themselves. I'll stop any activity they are doing if they left something where it didn't belong (like dumping their coat and backpack) and make them deal with it right then. Much easier than having to deal with a cluttered mess. As far as daily chores other than making their bed, picking up their stuff, etc. the 4 yo DS sweeps under the table after supper, 8 yo DD checks to make sure the trash is take out and 11 yo DS does a quick sweep of the bathroom. We try and use Sun. evenings as a time to set up the week's meal plan and double check the calendar for anything coming up they need to be aware of and plan for. Otherwise, I just assign them jobs to do when we do the Weekly House Blessing. There are several easy ones like cleaning the mirrors and wiping down the hand prints on the walls that I hate to do. They do fine, but I'm not persnickity about stuff really. The 21 yo doesn't have any specific jobs around the house (other than his room and laundry) anymore since he's here so seldom. He does my fetch and carry type stuff for me now. My thorn? Staying consistent. If the house quits running smoothing my first reaction is to blame the DH or kids, but in reality, it's because I've slacked off my routines or I've been leaving my stuff around. I'm the navigator around here and everyone just follows my lead. Gloria Here is a link that might be useful: kids daily sheets...See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

EVENTSWhere Pros Go to Discover Outdoor Furniture Ideas
Casual Market Chicago: Learn about trends in outdoor furniture and accessories
Full Story
EVENTSDesign Calendar: Where to Go and What to See in April 2016
Tour modern homes, peruse handmade furniture and stroll native-plant gardens this month
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESWhere to Splurge and Where to Save When Decorating
Get a designer’s advice on where to invest in durable essentials and focal pieces for your home, and where to economize
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESWhere to Splurge, Where to Save in Your Remodel
Learn how to balance your budget and set priorities to get the home features you want with the least compromise
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZHow Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
LIFEYou Said It: ‘Some Ask Why, Others Why Not?’ and Other Houzz Quotables
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWhere to Place Your Kitchen Cabinetry Hardware
Does it go in the middle of the drawer, on the edge or nowhere at all? Get advice on positioning knobs and pulls
Full Story
MOST POPULARWhen Does a House Become a Home?
Getting settled can take more than arranging all your stuff. Discover how to make a real connection with where you live
Full Story
MOST POPULARDecorating 101: How Much Is This Going to Cost Me?
Learn what you might spend on DIY decorating, plus where it’s good to splurge or scrimp
Full Story
EXTERIORSWhere Front Yards Collide: Property Lines in Pictures
Some could be twins; others channel the Odd Couple. You may never look at property boundaries the same way again
Full Story
yoyobon_gwOriginal Author