SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katherine_mcfadden

Help! bathroom tub shower faucet installation error

Katherine M
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We just went through an actual nightmare with a full bathroom reno. Backstory — Our OVERPRICED referred remodeler was hyped up way more than they should have been. 3-4 wk estimate turned to 7. Spent no more than 2 hrs most days, smoked pot on the job, made many errors, bailed at the end after final payment without completely finishing, left his stuff in our garage and has not responded to us asking him to come pick it up. We were finally at peace and have been finishing the project ourselves, then I climbed in the shower today for the first time and sank back into my frustration. The faucet and shower head are about 2-3” off center and I can’t unsee it. He didn’t install the fixtures until last minute so I never noticed and never even thought to climb in and check — assuming it was more common sense. What can we do? It’s clearly too late for correction. I saw another post suggesting a slider, as it may take gaze away from off-centeredness and make it look more intentional. How do those work? Any other ideas?

Bonus points for how we can get his stuff out of our garage legally.

Comments (15)