SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flustereddiy

Bathroom remodel....tub to shower...window help!!

flustereddiy
12 years ago

Here's the deal. I just recently remodeled the bathroom in my new home. The house was built in 1943, and it had a full tub/shower. We ripped out the tub and replaced it with a walk-in shower. The issue we are facing (which we unfortunately didn't realize until the tile was already on the walls) is that the window sticks out of the wall (into the shower) about 3/4". We have been unable up til now to come up with a solution to our issue, therefore no molding has been put in place (except for vinyl baseboards siliconed just to prevent water damage). What is the best way to go about fixing the molding around this window? One person told me to use "Corian(sp?)". Another said to hand plane the wood framing of the window so that it is flush with the tile, then to use PVC molding. I'm at a complete loss and just want to finish my shower! (Oh, I forgot to mention that the old molding was wood molding. Completely damaged over the years, rotting it out. This is something I would rather not repeat). Thanks so much in advance for any and all help!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH