SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2catsandtheirmom

Help Help please with a new area rug to go with my Thibaut WP?

2Cats AndTheirMom
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have been looking for an area rug for my DR for over a year and even sent a couple back. I just cannot nail the right one and maybe I am trying too hard and I should just go plain neutral jute or seagrass.

Is the rule is to stay solid if you have a busy wallpaper? I am so not good with mixing pattern

I was wanting fun or just a bit a color in this room - so I am open to opinions on both sides. I have this dining room and next to it I have this wall paper in my foryer - they are open to each other so I want to do something complimentary. My entire house is pretty open.

My thought was to try and do blue and white. But should I go funky, traditional, overdyed, vintage. I would love to see what some of you think because I have over thought it.

The dining chairs are being replaced with off white fabric chairs by Hooker. The ones in white shown are a few I painted the chair and fabric lol - but they are a little stiff but look pretty good since they were old and brown.

The rug is too small but just a filler so my floors don't get scratched.

Table seats 12

Also the foyer shows blue paint under chair rail but I painted din white to brighten up the area,

If all else fails I will go back to a natural rug.

Comments (31)