SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

new to area rugs... need help

roorezzi
15 years ago

Hi All -

We are putting in a hardwood floor int he next coming weeks and I am starting to look for area rugs. We splurged on a more expensive floor - hence the reason for now installing it DIY. So I will prob be slowly purchasing the area rugs.

The overall size of the room is 13x26. Here are pics of the room as is..

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I will prob need approx an 8x10 for the large LR area - but I think I may want something for the area with the desk. There are also 2 halls off the LR (by the couches) that will need runners.

I tend to like some of the rugs with a traditional flair but also like some of the contemporary. DH definetely likes a bit more contemporary but nothing too busy.

here are 2 that he and I liked:

My main issue is that I didn't want them all to be matchy matchy - but what would look good with any of these - I don't think they could go together??

Here is the floor that we are putting in

{{!gwi}}

I am going to need to get new curtains - but I am waiting to see what rugs we pick for the LR before I pick a curtain color. I am worried about too many patterns in the same area with curtains and possibly 2 different rugs. I am also planning on getting an ottoman to replace the table there.

Budget - I would like to stay on the lower end for pricing - the ones I picked there were from JCP and the prices weren't bad. Anyone have experience with JCP rugs?

Also - the armoire is there for now til we get a flat screen - which might be this xmas. I am working on painting a photo screen to hide the back of the armoire.

Thanks in advance for help!

Ruth

Comments (10)