SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colby_eaves

Small Kitchen Redesign

Colby Eaves
2 years ago

I am remodeling a small kitchen (flooring, cabinets, and lighting). Our kitchen is ready for a twenty first century facelift. The kitchen along with the rest of the house is small and lacking storage. I am considering a slight reconfiguration of the kitchen that will increase storage and counter space.

So we have a small pantry with a two foot door opening My current plan involves removing the pantry and sliding the refrigerator over to where the pantry is. Then having a floor to ceiling pantry cabinet installed that will consume a portion of the space where the ref. is currently and filling the rest of that space with counter top and upper/lower cabinets.

I am also considering moving the exterior door to the right a couple feet so that I can squeeze in one more set of upper and lower cabinets to the right of the dishwasher.

The only constraint I have is that the right hand wall of the current pantry has a drain line in it which I do not want to remove. Does this sound like a good plan? I've attached some pics of the current layout and a crude 3d rendering.

Comments (25)