Sunday's Brain Game----SOLUTION

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (35)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Good morning and Happy Sunday!

I think we may need to 🙏 for some of these!

Still need to work on 8, 12, 15 and 17. I have a guess for 16, but something tells me it’s not right so I’ll think about that more, too.

• User
    2 years ago

Yes, good morning all! Happy Paella Day.

This one looks interesting🤠

Thanks, Jasdip.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

^ Seriously?!?! That's what I'm making for dinner tonight! What a hilarious coincidence! I just thought this week when I went grocery shopping, huh, we haven't had paella in a while, why not?

• User
    2 years ago

Yes, lettersatoz. I follow the Pastafarian Calendar. R’Amen.

Party hearty!

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Paella!!?? I've always wanted to make it but haven't gotten around to it. Letters, will you take a pic and share your recipe??

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Gladly. There are SO many variations and different recipes for paella, and I'll use different ones depending on if I'm feeding a big group, or just the two of us. Tonight it's just the two of us, and my husband doesn't eat seafood, so this is the recipe I'll use. It's reeeaaaally good, and will give us plenty of leftovers for the week since I have a busy week coming up. Saffron is expensive, but all paella really depends on it, so you don't want to omit it. Once you decide you'll keep making it, invest in a paella pan (I have a couple), but as this recipe points out, a cast iron pan is a decent alternative. The crust that forms on the bottom is key.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/skillet-chicken-and-chorizo-paella

Jasdip thanked lettersatoz
  • Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wonderful! Thank you!

• bpath
    2 years ago

Just took a glance and I can't get past laughing at 16. It can't be what I'm thinking, can it??

• User
    2 years ago

😀 bpath, I thought the same. I’m sticking with that answer!

I can see something else it could be, though.

I say full points for either answer.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Still need a few of the primes: 2, 5, 7, 17, as well as 9, 12, 15, and 18 (the multiples of 3. I'm in a mathy mood).

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Oooh, I just got 17!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I'm getting a late start today. First go-through I've got maybe half of them. But I'll be back later, not giving up yet!

Rusty

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Looking at the answers this is a toughie, imo.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I'm still missing six of them.

• User
    2 years ago

For folks who like these kind of puzzles, the NY Times Sunday Crossword has a really good puzzle today. 🙂

It’s the one that starts with the clue 1A Almost.

(oh, it just dawned on me. I get that puzzle printed in my Saturday newspaper, so maybe it was last week’s.)🤔

• Rusty
    2 years ago

So far I have all but 1, 7, 9, 10, 11, and 17. Not real sure about some of them though, so will probably change a couple of them. Gotta think some more. . . .. .

Rusty

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

I just got started and looked quickly. I have some work to do.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

I’m missing five, assuming 16 is funny. If not, I’m missing six.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Oooh, I just got 12, I think. I was looking at it the wrong way yesterday. Still don't have a clue for 8 or 15, and my guess for 16 isn't funny, so as I thought before, it's probably wrong. Are any of these British phrases that maybe I wouldn't know?

• User
    2 years ago

Good morning, letters. I hope you had a wonderful paella dinner yesterday!

I can’t see any British phrase in this puzzle that one couldn’t figure out. There again, I have no idea for #7 and my guess for #12 is not very good☹️

• User
    2 years ago

I have three guesses for #16. I think all work.🤠 I’m pretty sure the funny one isn’t going to be the answer but it’s the best one!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Oh, it was so good!

If you have 5 and 14, you can get 7. Think along those lines and my very first comment.

• User
    2 years ago

Yum, looks good!

***Spoiler Alert***

I can see #7 as being church related. That’s all I can think of. Letters, are we on the same track?

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

^Yes, hence my not-so-subtle 🙏 in my first post. 😄

• User
    2 years ago

Eek! I’ve looked them over again today and now I have two pretty good guesses for #17!

• Rusty
    2 years ago

Now have answers for all but 1 and 7, and I do have 'maybes' for them.

Rusty

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Double cream! Well I suppose that was easy enough. I wouldn’t have gotten 15, though. For 16, I had mother lode, and for 17, I thought high chair, thinking of a lounge chair. sigh….not my best. Very fun, though!

• User
    2 years ago

#16 I had ’big mother’ as in ”Wow, that fish is a big mother!”

I also had ”grandmother” and ”maximum”

I liked the first guess.

• User
    2 years ago

#17 I had ”rest up”. Lounge being a verb. 🤠

Thanks Jasdip!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    2 years ago

I also had ”rest up” for 17, “Big momma” for 16 and never got 7.

tj

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Not my best effort. I didnt get 7, 15 or 17. I had Big Mama for 16. A tough one Jasdip but fun to work out.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I really thought this was going to be a lousy score for me, but I got them all right! ! ! I recently read a book where one of the characters goes to visit her 'big Mum' in a rest home quite often, so that's how I came up with an answer for 16. I really thought it was wrong because y'all were talking about it being a funny answer, and I couldn't figure out what that might be.

This one was a fun challenge.

Rusty

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

1. All over the world - I had Earth, close enough I say

3. Flat iron— I had low iron, like with anemia

7. Altar boy (Alter boy!) - missed this

9. Forever and a day - had the forever part but didn’t get there

12 Cake mix - short break

15 The game is up - up your game

16 Maximum (Maxi Mum) I can't wait to see your funny answers to this one - big mutha

17 Room at the top - upper lounge

18 A multitude of sins - at least the third time we’ve had this and I never get it!

I guess I did worse than I thought.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I didn't have any answers for 5 of them but for #3 I had low iron, for #9 there is a song called Forever Thursday so that was my answer and #18 I had seven deadly sins but didn't read them that closely.