SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_860444138

Poor Kitchen Cabinet Paint Job

HU-860444138
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and it is time to paint the cabinets. We hired a professional painting company to take on this project. We collected several bids, and selected this company because they were recommended to us by our cabinet maker and had lots of positive Google and Yelp reviews. We are paying a hefty price for this work (to be expected - we didnt want to cheap out on this). The painters have been here for two days and i finally peeked into the kitchen tonight and I’m so upset.

so far, they have prepped, primed and applied one coat of paint. There are multiple paint drips (like large sections on multiple cabinet boxes - the paint looks globbed on), tons of dust specs that are now drying into the paint, and they even left a painted door propped up against a newly painted cabinet (which means they are stuck to each other). Our doors were brand new too.

the painters come back in the morning and im so concerned. I know they aren’t done yet, so I’m trying to not freak out just yet but I can’t let this continue, right? What can be done at this point? Wait for the existing coats to cure and have them start over?

Comments (4)