SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
demolition

Clueless when it comes to drapes! Advice appreciated!

demolition
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi Houzzers-Love this forum for some positive advice & various opinions from all you fabulous experts out there!

I love an airy open look in my home, but my living rooms 3 lower windows in the mid morning, get the hot sun beaming onto my living room chairs- so I end up covering my chairs with a throw to prevent fading.

I’ve never had drapery over these lower windows-so trying to figure it out. The top window is not affected by the sun beaming onto my furniture- only the 3 bottom windows.

So I’m thinking about placing a decorative rod to mount & to hang some sort of panel drapery- (panels to hang to floor length) on both sides of rod (hope I’m using the correct drape terminology) with some sort of decorative cap at each end of rod. I could then close the drapery panels when sun beams thru onto my chairs. The width of window is a little over 8’.

Do you think the rod holding drapery panels would look ok mounted in between the 3“ gap above bottom windows just outside of white framing? Also wondering what color fabric & type of fabric (don’t want a real heavy looking fabric) to use with my cool gray walls & furniture that you see & perhaps to add a pattern in fabric too to create a pretty focal point since everything is rather neutral?

Suggestions & perhaps inspiration pictures appreciated! Here are a few shots I snapped

Comments (15)