SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
local_eater

A new year, a new house

localeater
2 years ago

I know, it's kind of crazy. Just a few years ago I was sharing that DH and I were building a house. And now, having only lived in it 2 1/2 years we are moving again. Well, crazy or not here we go.

The house we built is really perfect and I love it and will miss it so much. But we built it knowing it was not necessarily a 'forever house', it was a 'next step' house. We were beginning our transition to empty next and wanted something smaller, but also felt we needed to stay very close to our childrens' pals. In the interim, we started spending a lot more time in the place we love, Downeast Maine. We decided we really want to be there all the time, and with our childrens' blessing off we go.

Boy, is the real estate market cuckoo. We sold our cottage Downeast in a blink. Then started looking for a year round home on the right waterfront. We found an old farmhouse, which was charmingly updated with all new systems not too long ago, and our offer has been accepted.

I am now getting ready to put our Midcoast house on the market. Let the craziness for that begin.

Just wanted to give you all an update, Will be sharing pictures of the new house in future threads because I definitely need furniture arrangement, window treatment, etc. assistance!

Comments (36)