SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_765642568

Off center window under the eaves . . .

Jojo K-J
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We are buying a vacation . . . someday everyday home and for the most part I know what I am doing except for one bedroom. This has typically been used as the master bedroom but we will be repurposing it as a guest bedroom/den-ish space. It has sliding glass doors out to a second story balcony that we want to be able to use even if one of us heads to bed early. Here's my problem . . . I need to put a queen size bed in the room and want to leave as much space as possible to add one or two comfy chairs, maybe an ottoman, a small desk or a table. In other words I have to have the bed but I don't necessarily want to sacrifice any other utility for the bed. The pictures are the photos taken by the listing realtor, none of this furniture is staying. The current placement of the bed seems like the obvious choice but then the bed just takes up too much space. I would actually prefer to push the bed over to the right closer to the wall or angle it in the corner giving me more space to the left of the bed for a chair but then how do I handle the slightly off center window under the eaves? I am open to any out of the box suggestions (I have looked at pictures of beds pushed completely in the corner and have even considered centering the bed lengthwise under the eaves but then I do need a strong head and footboard so folks can sit in bed. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

The space to the left of the window is 5'3", 3'6" window and to the right is 4'6.5". The height below the left eave is 3'10" and the height below the right eave is 4'5".

Comments (3)