SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jos_castrogarca

Help choosing living / dining room layout

Hello! I justo got my first apartment so i'm looking to get my living room up and running first and i'm looking for some advice.

I found this sofa for a pretty good price, it was pretty comfortable and i liked the design and would like it to be the starting point of the rest. I like the chaise since i would be able to lay down watching a movie or maybe even working with my laptop.

The apartment is small and i will be living alone with the option of my girlfriend moving with me in a near future. I don't get a lot of people coming over to be honest. I want the living room to be a chilling / working / series marathon area in general.

Living room area:

Kitchen / dining room area:

I'm trying to decide between these layouts:

A) The one that i was thinking of and with the help of the store i managed to get a visual. Does it look good and functional? My idea was to use the space near the window to setup the TV and have an open area with the dining room so that i doesn't look that cramped. I added the small chair near the window to maybe read or when i have someone else coming over.

I even got some renders

B) Would mean returning my current sofa and getting the on with the chaise on the right, which i would not prefer to do but if it improves thing that much i might do it. The only thing i don't like is that the window will be reflecting on the TV if i go for this.

C) A third option which i'm not sure if it would work since i'm a total newbie in designing spaces (this will be my first living room). Would it be to cramped? For small spaces is it ideal to areas this way?

Which layout would you choose and what improvements would you do? Do they look good?

This is also the furniture i would be going for:

Living room:

Dining area:

Would really appreciate the feedback!

Comments (8)