SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Finally cake! New glass bundt pan...

plllog
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I needed to make bread yesterday, but got the greens dealt with early and feeling proud of myself, and wanting to try my new small glass bundt pan, and being really tired of cookies, I played hooky. :) The small pan is listed at 5.4 cups. My original Bundt is 16-cups, but in effect that's a 15 cup recipe. I thought I should start with a recipe for the volume, but where Google promised five cup recipes, it didn't deliver. There are a lot of "recipes" that want a boxed mix. WTH? So I found a 10 c. recipe that sounded interesting, and let my app scale it. But that was just in half. Convenient, but not practical. Y'all know I don't need a recipe to make a cake. It didn't take long before I went rogue, and did my own thing. :) (And after, I saved water and electricity by making the pepper bread in the same bowl (just scraped of batter) and already warm oven.)

The result is wonderful! I love the little glass pan. It's a bit harder to prepare, however, being so slick. I think I'm going to make up some of Jasdip's Better than Pam, though the glass itself is pretty non-stick. I opened the oven too much to test because I wasn't sure what the pan would be like, nor the size, but given that we usually like a bundt with a little more brown, unlike layers, I might try baking ten degrees hotter next time. The size is perfect. With full sized cakes, we have to lop off portions. It's much nicer having a whole cake. It's large enough to look substantial. Small but not mini. The close fluting of the pan makes perfect slicing guides for just right slices. I also got a bigger glass bundt pan--11.x cups, I think--to have a medium, but I'm totally loving the small.

This cake looks like muffin bread, but in taste and texture it's full on cake--it's just the color and the blueberries that look muffiny. The blueberries were soaked in bourbon and lemon juice, and the cake is sour cream and vanilla.

Comments (12)