Do you have a favorite walking shoe?
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (19)
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
Those with wood base board do you have shoe molding?
Comments (6)I think the shoe is sometimes used to hide any gap that may appear between the baseboard and floor as the wood of the baseboard shrinks due to seasonal variations in humidity. A wider base will shrink a bit more than a narrower one. So, depending on what materials are used and their dimensions, and whether it's all painted and if so how, this isn't an issue. That said, I have 5" wood base sans shoe and have no seasonal gaps. A shoe can also cover less careful work. If the floor is new, it should be flat and baseboard scribing, which takes some degree of skill, should'nt be necessary, giving you a better chance that the installed base will be tight to the floor, no matter who's installing it. I'd go without, unless your contractor has a good reason to use the shoe. Did an architect draw the plan? If so, maybe there's a design reason for it....See MoreDo you have a great pair of everyday shoes?
Comments (9)I have a pair of black suede flats with a half inch wedge running along the bottom(paid about $75 for those). Or...the navy blue air in the sole pair slip ons I purchased at a sporting goods store. Or....the light tan suede Borns, they tie on the top. The black suede Rockport mules. Comfy shoes are HIGH on my list of necessities! :0)...See MoreDo you have a favorite brand of....
Comments (45)I love the Kirkland leggings from Costco. I bought a pair in every color last year and I was sad to see they were gone. But I just went last week and they have them in stock again now! They are nice and thick more for street wear I think. They last really well. I was hesitant at first. I held them up and they looked like they were for a child size but they are definitely for adults and they feel great. I also got some very nice ones at the Gordmans store. Very good price....See MoreDo you have a favorite shoe brand?
Comments (44)Been thinking about this thread. Def, for work, Stuart Weitzman and Donald Pliner. I love the look of Sperries but I don't like to wear flats. I have definitely created an MO when it comes to shoes. I have to have a heel, 2.5" is about right. But I have one weak ankle and I need stability so the heel has to be a wedge, a platform, or chunky. I love slip ons/mules/clogs because I can slip my shoes on/off so easily, and no matter what the conditions I know I won't get a blister. n summer, my toes peakout, in winter, usually not. Nothing with real thin straps because my feet are not that cute. (size 10-10.5) I love finding summer sandals that have stretchy straps because they are so comfy. I just bought these at Nordstrom rack the other day. I wish the logo were not so prominent and it was just navy and white stripes, but they are so comfy. ANd cheap! I also have a few pr of Tory Burch, all sandals. They are oddly uncomfy, like someone strapped a block of wood to my foot. They are what my girls call "standing shoes" meaning you cannot walk in them but they look good standing up. I also just bought 2 pr from TB and returned them. I knew these would either be gorge or bizarre. The answer was: bizarre. (you know, i bet I was channeling my gold alligator belt crush) https://www.toryburch.com/en-us/shoes/flats/jessa-shearling-clog/84927.html?color=400&size=6&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3v6SBhCsARIsACyrRAkYS95OgN-MInBh6zSZMP9ivvgTdBO2hRbdv6Ufk3voeXUyiSGm7XAaAgs4EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds...See More- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Sentimental Favorites Warm Up a Vancouver Home
Keepsake furniture mixes with contemporary decor in a transitional-style home for a Canadian family with a baby
Full Story
FURNITURE16 Favorite Chairs from High Point Market
Finds from the world's largest furnishing show: Big patterns, chic lines, and a chair worthy of the Starship Enterprise
Full Story
MORE ROOMS6 Favorite Family-Friendly Homes
Visit some fun, comfortable and stylish spaces that cater to all ages
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN5 Favorite Granites for Gorgeous Kitchen Countertops
See granite types from white to black in action, and learn which cabinet finishes and fixture materials pair best with each
Full Story
BATHROOM TILEDesigners Share Their Favorite Bathroom Floor Tiles
Wood-look porcelain, encaustic cement and hexagon tiles are making a splash in recent projects by these design pros
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Favorite Home Fragrances
Designer Bryn Alexandra Rounds Up Her Must-Have Scents to Use at Home
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHouzz Call: Share Your Favorite Christmas Tradition
Is there one thing you do, watch or eat that heralds the arrival of Christmas? Post a photo and let us know!
Full Story
TREESHouzz Call: Show Us Your Favorite Fall Tree
A towering golden oak? Flaming sugar maple? Please share a photo of peak autumn color where you live!
Full Story
MOST POPULAROur Favorite Kitchen Storage Ideas Now
Make the most of every square inch with these clever cabinetry solutions
Full Story

sjerin