SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

I just met with a funeral planner

Kathsgrdn
2 years ago

I've been wanting to do this for a while. I contacted a couple funeral homes in my little town a couple of years ago but neither one got back to me. A couple weeks ago I got a card in the mail from one in the next little town from me and I decided to fill it out and send it back. Today was my appointment and I went to talk to them.

I have a very basic plan, cremation, have my kids pick it up and dump me somewhere nice and scenic. They quoted me $1990. That includes them coming to pick my body up. It's another $499 if I want insurance in case I'm traveling somewhere out of the area or overseas. This is Central KY and I know it's a regional thing. I don't think it's too bad but wondered what you all thought?

They put you in a bag inside a plastic box. I'm not too thrilled with the plastic, would prefer cardboard, like the funeral home used with both my parents back in Nevada. I may go in person and check out some others in the area before I decide. It just seemed like a long presentation for what little information I was trying to get.

I just got off the phone with my daughter, she's a little surprised I'm prepaying so soon. I'm going to be 60 this year and you just never know when it's going to be your time. I don't want my kids having to make all these decisions.

Comments (55)