SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newenglandsara2

Help! Brand-new dishwasher not working after 24 hours

newenglandsara2
2 years ago

I am searching for ideas RE: a brand-new dishwasher that stopped working after less than 24 hours. We had a new Miele d/w installed yesterday, and we were able to run a load last night. We tried to turn the d/w on today, and it was dead. The d/w outlet is also now dead. My husband tried resetting the fuse a few times (which looked fine) with no change to the outlet. The appliance company (installed the d/w yesterday) said that they are booking service calls out to February but might be able to fit us in sooner: we will hear back in about 48 hours. Our electrician is taking a well-deserved vacation this week.

We have a house full of kids home from college and would love to be able to use the d/w this week. I am looking for any additional tips/also trying to figure out if we should be getting help from Yale or from an electrician. My husband thought of plugging the d/w into the garbage disposal outlet, which seems to be working. However, he did not want to take a chance. Any harm in trying?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Comments (4)