SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marciewolinsky

Brand New Bosch Dishwasher Doesn't Work

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We just had a new house built that we are using as a vacation home until we move permanently and closed in June. When we had our walkthrough, we didn't turn the dishwasher on and didn't use it when we were there for a few days last month. When we tried to use it last week, it would work for 3 minutes exactly, then after 3 minutes, it would beep continuously and get stuck and go no further. I was on the phone with 1-800-Bosch and they had me reset it, turn it off completely, and we tried every setting but no matter what setting we chose, it wouldn't go past 3 minutes & they told me to call for service.

That night, we realized that the circuit breaker had been tripped on our hotwater heater, and we assumed that might be the problem-no hot water. But even after the hot water was turned on for a whole day, the dishwasher still didn't work. We also noticed that the hot water never really gets that hot in the kitchen sink.

We had to leave the house, and didn't have time to schedule anyone to come and fix it. Has anyone had this problem and if so, is it just that the hot water is not hot enough? The model number is SHPM65W55N.

We are trying to decide who to call to come look at it - a plumber for the hot water situation or Bosch for the dishwasher itself.

Thanks for any help!

Comments (15)