SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelrachel_gw

Ever put your cat on a 24 hour fast? I feel so guilty.

rachelrachel
17 years ago

This is gross - so move on if you're eating.

Yesterday when I was cleaning out the litter box, I discovered all this blood inside of a very loose stool. I determined that it was my large male cat Bosco's. NOTE: These cat problems always!!! happen at night, or over the weekend requiring the more expensive visit to the emergency veterinarian! (only $80 this time)

Vet says that bright red blood like that means colitis, and that it is pretty hard to pinpoint the cause. But that it's not necessarily as serious as it seems, especially since Bosco seems so healthy, active, and has a good appetite. So I need to put Bosco on a 24 hour fast to help his colon settle down, and then feed him boiled chicken for a few days. After that resume normal feeding.

I have two cats, and there is major jealousy and bullying on Bosco's part, so I have put both of them on the fast. Minnie tends to have diarrhea also so I think this will help her too. Now they are both hovering around their two feeding stations mewing. This will go on all day, as I tend to keep them very well fed.

I feel better just posting this, as I feel very guilty about not feeding them, and also bad about putting Minnie on the fast too. 10 more hours to go.

Comments (13)