How to delete an "in-transit" email?
4 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 4 years ago
Related Discussions
How to Delete an Email Account
Comments (1)Now I see it. DUH! I could have sworn it wasn't there before....See Morehow to delete the deleted from email ?
Comments (8)If you have a third party email unitlty (Thunderbird, etc.), most of these have a "trash box". When you delete an email from either the "In Box" or "Sent Box" it goes to the trash box. To complete a deletion, go to the trash box and delete. Items deleted from the trash box are gone. This is a neat feature. For example, if you deleted a message while reading it in the "In Box" and then later wanted to retrieve it. you can. Merely move to the trash box, select the message and "Move" it to another box....See Moretransitioning to a new email address
Comments (11)I've had a yahoo email address that predates gmail, but now I have a gmail address as well. I've also had a hotmail address that also predates gmail, and I got that one because the only email that gets into my inbox is from people in my address book - everything else goes into the spam inbox, and I check that also to see if anything arrives there that I want to transfer to my address book. I use the hotmail address for any commercial transaction that I do and expect to get put on their mailing list. I do not think it is unreasonable to have three email addresses, and I used to have more - one was German, another Italian, and the third was French, and they were all on yahoo. I had separate identities for each of these because of yahoo groups that I wanted to join. Back then, I used yahoo messenger, and I would get simultaneous messages from my different identities. At least once I was carrying on a conversation with one person in German while carrying on another conversation with a different person in Italian. I think it helped my language skills and also made it easier for me to switch between German and Italian. I really do not like instant messaging any more, and I do not use it on facebook either, which I seldom visit anymore. As it turned out, the person I was chatting with in German was American, and he also lived in Los Angeles, and so it would have been much easier for us to have chatted in English, but it took us a while to realize this. I've had similar experiences in Mexico (and Costa Rica) with phone calls that I would start in Spanish and eventually realize that I was speaking with an American - or in the case with Costa Rica, a German who spoke English much better than he did Spanish....See MoreHow to interrupt sending an email?
Comments (3)Already tried but that was unsuccessful even though I waited several hours and even rebooted the PC. This is what ended working: Because my inbox is configured on IMAP (not POP2), I followed these steps: - Open Outlook and go to the File menu. In the File menu, select Options. In the Options menu, select Advanced. In the Advanced menu, select the Send/Receive tab. In the Send/Receive tab, click on the Send/Receive button. Then, click on the Edit button. - In the Edit send/receive groups window, find the email account and un-check the option "Get folder unread count for subscribed folders". - Under the Received mail items section, check the option "Use the custom behavior defined below". - In the window that appears, you will see a list of your IMAP folders so, select the Inbox folder and leave the others unchecked. - Click the OK button to save the changes. - Exit out of the Options menu and perform a send/receive to test if there is any improvement. The Send/Receive got paused for much less than a half a minute and afterwards does not delay processing the Send / Receive Requests. I left the Outlook settings that way....See More- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
- 4 years ago
- 4 years agolast modified: 4 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDESSliding Doors: Transition in High Style
Clever Sliding Doors Save Space, Hide Clutter and Amp Up Your Design
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHouzz Tour: Traditional Meets Transitional in a Townhouse
A Southern California couple downsizes, and their designer helps them push past traditional boundaries
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES20 Great Examples of Transitions in Flooring
Wood in One Room, Tile or Stone in Another? Here's How to Make Them Work Together
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: 'New Traditional' Tailored for a California Family
Don't let the sophistication fool you. This well-mannered and art-filled home is fit for young ones even as it pleases the parents
Full Story
BEFORE AND AFTERSHouzz Tour: A Georgia Foreclosure Gets a Major Overhaul
Gutting and redesigning turn a mishmash 1925 home into a unified haven with better flow
Full Story
MOVINGMaking a Home Away From Home
Feeling like a stranger in a strange land? These tips can help ease the transition after a big move
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHow to Get Your Home Back in Shape After the Holidays
Putting your home in order can be a great way to transition from the holiday season to a fresh new year
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: From Belgium With Love
European antiques and crisp linens help these Belgian designers feel at home in their Craftsman house in L.A.
Full Story
TRIMInterior Trim: 8 Must-Know Elements
Softening transitions and creating a finished look, interior trim for walls, windows and doors comes in many more options than you may know
Full Story
TRANSITIONAL HOMESHouzz Tour: Upping the Sophistication in a Charming Tudor
A mostly white palette, more open layout and new family room take a California cottage’s interiors from stock to chic
Full StorySponsored
More Discussions
HU-178658043