SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason_carlton26

Resorting to chemicals, when should I do it?

I've had a few threads about trying to get my back yard under control. I spent the summer hand-pulling everything that wasn't grass, and sowed new seed (K37 tall fescue) in September (maybe October, but somewhere around there).

I really wanted to stay organic because the back yard is the play area / potty for my dog, I have a goldfish pond back there, and I grow veggies nearby.

But I can already see that some of the white clover and other weeds are coming back, so I think I'm going to have to resort to chemicals :-(

A few years ago I bought Round Up for Lawns, but never used it. I'm not 100% sure that this is the exact same thing (I know they had to change things up recently), but what I have LOOKS like this:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/roundup-for-lawns-3-ready-to-spray-32-oz-northern-5008810

I'm going to be out of town for a week at the end of December, another week in February, and another week in March. My dog will be in the kennel each time, so I'm thinking that I could take her to the kennel then carefully spray the lawn (staying well away from the pond and gardens), and when she comes back in a week it will be perfectly safe.

If you all think this is a good plan, then the question is... should I do it in late December, February, or March?

Comment (1)