SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovecupcakes

Subflooring not level - Kitchen/Hardwood Questions

Sunshyne
2 years ago

We have a contractor who is redoing our kitchen at this time. He just installed wood floors and now they're installing the cabinets. I was told today that the center cabinets need to be built up so that they're level because there's a pretty good dip in the center of the room/floor. I would have expected that the subflooring would have been levelled prior to the hardwood installation (and subsequently the kitchen installation) and our kitchen would be level. This is a gut job, we were down to studs. My questions:

-Am I wrong to have expected the subflooring to be level prior to hardwood/kitchen installation?

-Is the slope something that could also impact warping of the wood floor over time?

-Is there anything I should be aware of with the kitchen install because of the sloping floor?

Just to point out it's a pretty significant dip. When you look at the kitchen you can see how much of a difference there is between the left and right cabinets. The molding that goes on the top to bring the cabinets to the ceiling will noticeably be shorter on one side. I'm not happy about that.

THANKS

Comments (5)