SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piaa

Backsplash help please 1925 home ..

piaa
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Good afternoon - we are "almost" finished with our renovation (at least stage 1) and kitchen is mostly complete .. well speed oven is back ordered until March, a cabinet door needs to be replaced, trash can still out of stock, vent hood needs to be installed and trim needs to be completed (OK when you write it down it is nowhere near finished LOL) but now on to the oh so difficult decision of backsplash tile.

There are sooooo many fabulous tiles to choose from but I am thinking we need to stay pretty basic due to the movement in our quartzite which is a leathered and called "cream wave" but I would hate to think this is the right direction but then see something better a few months later.

Hubby loves Zellige but I am not a lover for the kitchen but our kitchen designer gave us the name of this fake zellige - what are your thoughts (they are all white but obviously the box comes with variation in color like real zellige would) We would do subway not square but is this the right direction - what about a "feature" above the range (I think too busy right?)

I should mention this is a 1925 home and we have dark hand scraped hickory flooring (if that matters) of vaious widths 5", 6", 7", 8" and 9" with the old style pegs and clearly in the photos no accessories are in the kitchen.

Thanks everyone for any help ..

We would do subway not square

Do we need a "feature" above stove?

Close up of wood floors but bad lighting

Better photo showing color

Comments (41)