SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Stressed out over menu--Critical eyes please?

plllog
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Even though I've been having some health issues, I thought making a Thanksgiving-Chanukah combo dinner next Sunday would be a good idea. I invited the guests to vote for menu items and only one did! That is, I know the others got the e-mail but they didn't respond at all. I mean, an "I can't choose" would be fine, but this is crickets. Which makes me feel put out and annoyed and because of the issues, I'm behind in general cooking and don't have a lot of room in the fridge or freezer. I've nixed the roast turkey that the one respondent wanted because making room for it was unneeded stress. I'm still in a bad mood and stressed out.

No room either for big buckets of dough. Lindac's rolls dough holds in the fridge, so I thought I could make maybe a third or quarter batch ahead. There's plenty of room for a large container, just not a dough bucket. :) It's an enriched dough, but not fiddly like true Parker House. Mr. Picky will love them and the fried shrimp, and not much else.

Starchapalooza is traditional, right? Add fried for Chanukah. ;) What I have sounds weird to me. I need fresh eyes. Help!

Borekes (cheese and pumpkin) (appetizer filo pastries)

Fried shrimp

Turkey croquettes

Latkes (zucchini or zucchini and potato)

Cranberry Jezebel

Tritip

Stuffing (casserole)

Rolls -- or maybe I could feed Mr. Picky a baked potato and skip rolls

Green salad

Roasted vegetables (celery root, parsnip, carrots, red onion, sunhchokes, baby turnips, green beans?, spinach?, kale?)

Mom's Apple Pie

Brownies

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022