Does entertaining stress you out???
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (41)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Does Christmas gift shopping stress you???
Comments (18)You need my SHOPPING GRID! I've even convinced a co-worker it's the best way. I made an Excel spreadsheet (I can send it to you if you have Excel) with one-inch squares on it, and it's always in my checkbook. Each square gets a person's name. As I think of ideas for that person, I write it down. As I buy the gifts on sale throughout the year (I can't handle the stress of last-minute shopping and I always shop the sales!) I put a check by that gift. When that person's gifts are purchased, I cross off their square. Ta-dum! If you stick to the grid, you'll never over-buy for one person and not the other. (And if one person ends up with 3 small/inexpensive gifts and the other one large/expensive gift, wrap up the small ones as if they were one...I do that with my kids and as long as they have the same number of packages to open, they're happy.) Having multiple ideas ready also helps make the shopping easier. For example, if your nephew's list says "dress shirt" and "sweatshirt", buy the one that's on sale the week you're at the mall.... Julie jbeadle@twmi.rr.com...See MoreWhat's stressing you out?
Comments (33)1. Gazillion decisions, things you never even thought about. (Carpenter: ''Do you want soldiers?'' Me: ''Yea, I'm a fan of the military, dad was a USAF pilot.'' Carpenter: ''No, soldiers here where the staircase turns.'') 2. Second guessing your decisions. (I really should have made them change that shower pan. Wonder how much it will cost to rip out & replace.) 3. Having to select things from online pictures & descriptions, because you cannot find them in a brick & mortar retail stores. 4. Trying to find a KD willing to spend time trying out different floor plans, make suggestions and provide expert advice. 5. Spending an enormous amount of time researching things, so you can make an informed decision - knowing you will never use that knowledge again. (At least at work when I research the best treatment for some condition, future patients benefit.) 6. Do-overs = wasted resources, labor, time & frustration to me. (They built my staircase 3 times,) 7. Days - weeks no one doing anything at the house. (Hello, remember me, I know I am not your multi-million $ project, but you did take my job, so can we finish it?) 8. Needing to (but not being able to be at the house all the time) to make sure things are done how you want them to be. 9. Trying to decide what to splurge on and what to save on. Not having the ''vision'' my builder does, to know how it will look when it is done. (When I sew up your hand laceration, I know how it will look even before I start.) Missed deadlines. Me having to point things out, they should have recognized needed addressing. (''Is that open square area under the doorway, the mouse door?'')...See Morecookie recipe for stressed out TKOers : )
Comments (9)I can relate. I was making a amaretto fudge this afternoon. Easy to do in a temp kitchen. 1 12oz package of semisweet chocolate chips 1 14oz can of eagle brand sweetened condensed milk 1/4 cup amaretto 1 tsp. almond flavoring 3/4 cups slivered almonds Mix chocolate chips and milk in a bowl, cove loosely, and nuke for 3 minutes on high. Stir until smooth then add flavoring. Pour into a greased 8 in square pan and sprinkle with almonds. Put into refrigerator until set and cut into squares. Not wanting the amaretto to go to waste, after all this recipe only uses 1/4 cup, I had several sips myself. Called Dh and told his to bring home a pizza for dinner. As I have already had dessert. I sometime make this and just put it in a jar and keep in the refrigerator. Really great warmed up and put on ice cream. Merry Christmas...See MoreDo you ever feel stressed out~~~
Comments (15)The more tragedies I read about, the more I am grateful for this very moment when all is well in my life. It is a helpless feeling to not be able to do something to prevent tragedies. A house was burglarized n my street a couple weeks ago, the first time this has happened on our street, although it does happen around us frequently. Our houses are smaller and close together, plus it is not a thru street. We all know each other and have felt like we were living in a safe bubble. It is very stressful to constantly be on guard, locking everything up. I used to run to the store and leave the door unlocked. No more. However, you just can't go through life stressing about things you cannot control. The news is awful any more and I don't listen. I do keep up on current events on the news web sites....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

ENTERTAINING8 Stress-Busting Tips for Hosting Small Gatherings
Make entertaining easy with these ideas for casual get-togethers
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZHow Much Does a Remodel Cost, and How Long Does It Take?
The 2016 Houzz & Home survey asked 120,000 Houzzers about their renovation projects. Here’s what they said
Full Story
LIFEStressed Out? Try Hitting the Woodshop
Building things with your hands just might boost your mood while giving you personal new pieces for your home
Full Story
HOLIDAYSYour Guide to Stress-Free Thanksgiving Prep
We break down shopping, cleaning and cooking into manageable bites so you can enjoy yourself on the day
Full Story
HOLIDAYSSet the Scene for a Stress-Free Holiday Visit
Put your guests at ease and take the pressure off hosting by prepping your space with psychology in mind
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNStress Less With Distressed Cabinets
Stop worrying over every little nick and chip. Intentionally aged cabinets give the kitchen or laundry room a relaxed, timeworn look
Full Story
ENTERTAINING10 Tips for Stress-Free Holiday Hosting
Simple steps to make sure entertaining is easy — and fun — from prep to cleanup
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGHow Does Your Garden Entertain?
Forget silver bells and cockle shells. Let your landscape's natural beauty charm guests when you entertain outdoors
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ10 Truly Irritating Things Your Partner Does in the Kitchen
Dirty dishes, food scraps in the sink — will the madness ever stop?
Full Story
COASTAL STYLEHouzz Tour: Stressing Less in a Beachy California Cottage
A family trades their larger, traditional digs for a smaller house and a more relaxing lifestyle
Full StorySponsored
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
sheesh