SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tangerina

Need suggestions for exterior paint and trim... help!

tangerina
2 years ago

We are having our house repainted in a couple of weeks and I have so many options I like but also so many things to consider that I cannot come to a conclusion!!

I live in a small neighborhood with mostly traditional homes, no HOA, and they were built in the 90's. We've been here for 4 years and want a fresh and updated look without looking like the oddball in the neighborhood. There are a few houses around that have a more modern paint scheme, like all white 'farmhouse' feel, and another that is a light gray with dark gray trim and gutters.

We'd like to paint our trim and windows a dark shade as well to go for a more dramatic change and give our house a more updated look. We do have brick on the front and we are not too keen on painting it but it's kind of orange with dark gray and light gray mixed in. We replaced the columns already with cedar columns which we will stain after we paint the house to make sure we pick the appropriate stain color

We do not want blue siding, we also don't want white. Any thoughts on the shutters? The first two photos are of our house now, the rest are my feeble attempts at color visualizer LOL!! Thank you all so much in advance!

Comments (10)