SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eric_kondel

Any benefit to a Pro-style range?

Eric
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

We just remodeled and are looking to pick out a range.

We found a model we liked, LG LSGL6335F. IT seems to check many boxes, sealed burners, cast iron grates, 22k and 18k burners, a middle 10k burner, 9k and 5k simmer burner, 19.5k oven burner with 13.5k broiler element, Air fry, True Convection etc. We had a friend who said if we are spending 2k+ on a range, to look into a pro-style instead. Now I have seen them before but I'm not really sure what he advantage would be in my price range of roughly $2500. He recommended a Thor, Wolff or Blue Star, most of those offering don't fit my budget and ones I did find around $2500 seemed to not have the same specs as the LG, maybe only an 18k and 15k burner lower oven capacity etc.

Could anyone help me out and let me know what the advantage or benefit would be of a pro-style range in my price range vs the LG I was looking at? or or the price and specs the LG is acceptable?

We do have 600 cfm vent hood and I do sear Roasts before oven cooking or reverse sear. Outside that, steaks, burgers, chops all on the outdoor grill. Inside I do more basic Stir-fry, pan meals, friend chicken cutlets, sauces, pasta and oven roast cooking. TIA!

Comments (4)