SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
virginiavictorian

Which 36 in. pro style gas range- features, reliability,USA,$

virginiavictorian
13 years ago

Hello All - I've been doing some searching on a pro style 36" range. I've decided to go all gas for simplicity and reliability and just cannot afford $4k or more. I would really like to pay less than $3k.

I've been pouring over the posts on NXR, Bertazzoni, Fratelli-onofri, American Range, etc. I'm tempted by the fridgidare pro and kenmore elite 36" ranges for the price - but the ovens appear not to be large for the 36" width (and they don't really have truly pro looks). The NXR ranges look great but the made in china, purchasing it from a remote seller, and a couple of warning posts on here have me nervous.

Are there any made in USA alternatives? Where are Bertazzoni and Fratelli Onofri ranges made - Italy - or also China?

Are there all gas pro style ranges with at least programmable cooking times (so i could set it to bake and it would turn itself off)? though I like the thought of less electronics that could fail someday.

Has anyone measured the oven on the NXR? I'd love to know the WxDxH.

Anyone who has bought one of these more 'affordable' pro style ranges let me know your experiences.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments (45)