SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rberesh73

Bathroom Simple Updates!

rberesh73
2 years ago

Hi there, I'm looking for some simple ideas on how I could make this bathroom pop a bit. The only thing I can't change for now is the counter top. That will be addressed down the road though. For now, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of other additions or ways to update the bathroom. Thanks in advance!

Comments (259)

• marylut
    2 years ago

By “direction” if you mean material, use the same wood floor upstairs and on the staircase treads as you do on the main floor. This is what we are used to seeing - because builders buy in bulk and use the same material throughout new houses. Plus, seeing the same material on the same surfaces emotionally conveys the homeowner didn’t scrimp anywhere. It is your choice whether to carpet all the BRs or do wood, but carpet is not as hygienic, is harder to keep clean, and must be deep cleaned periodically, so therefore many homeowners prefer wood for BRs. It will be pricy - but as part of the house structure it will add value (unlike your furniture and accessories purchases).

As for color, your flooring store can tell you what color sells best in your local area. Also, a color that is discounted or on clearance may not be in high demand locally. You are not flipping this house so pick what YOU LOVE because it is your hard earned money and you will be looking at it every day and having to pick paint and furniture that looks OK with the floor color. Some things to consider, 1. because gray has been a favorite for so long for furniture and walls, gray flooring has also been popular and orangish flooring definitely clashes. 2. because highly polished glossy floors show more scratches and dark wood floors show every speck of dust, medium and light color stains and matte finishes are practical and popular for families and pet owners. 3. the wider the plank the more casual the feel, keep that in mind because your home seems to have a traditional architecture.

rberesh73 thanked marylut
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ah so you would choose a wood to use upstairs and run throughout the main floor as well. Really interesting. I get that 'scrimp' feeling everytime I go upstairs. I can definitely see the previous owners got some leftover laminate, ran it through the hallway and master and they left these hideous rugs in the other bedrooms. I'm completely onboard with getting rid of the rugs in the bedrooms for the reasons you mentioned.

I had a great painter years ago that was able to give input and I really wish I had someone that could look over my upstairs and downstairs and come up with some sort of plan for painting and flooring. Again as you pointed out, I don't want my house to look like patchwork. Thanks for all your suggestions over time here.

• Related Discussions

Who has a simple beige tiled bathroom?

Q

Comments (5)
    This page shows you all the basic shapes for Heath's field tile and all the colors it comes in. http://www.heathceramics.com/classic-field I like to browse the Instagrams for tile companies to get inspiration. My favorites are: Heath Ceramics Walker Zanger Ann Sacks Waterworks Artistic Tile & New Ravenna are short on plain looks, but long on fabulous ones. It may be good to check on Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware for nice bathroom inspiration too. My favorite bathroom company just came to the US from the UK- not much in the way of tile, but totally gorgeous bathroom- Drummond's.
    ...See More

Bathroom vanity update & bathroom cabinet painting

Q

Comments (1)
    I would replace both counters and sinks. The sinks do not match so even if you do (sort of) match the brown counter they will not look like they go together.
    ...See More

10 weeks to decide tile for new addition bathroom nothing is simple

Q

Comments (9)
    Thank you so much for your input MEC. I should start out with the basics I cannot change. I inherited a French piece which I had refinished in Palladium Blue (Benj. Moore) I am using the piece as a vanity with two sinks. I have purchased the countertop in Botuceli marble (sp). It is a beautiful cream color. The bathroom is in the rough stage. I have purchased three sconces two for cabinets which will be on each side of the vanity. The shower is rather large (5x4). The shower system is antique rubbed bronze as are the faucets. You see, I began with one contractor who took my money and used all of the wrong material for the flat roof deck, it leaked, there was no access to the crawl space, his men flooded underneath the addition, there was no pitch to the roof and the list goes on. Then.......he quit of course blaming me, the plans, my questioning what was going on. Thinking we were moving along i began purchasing the new kitchen (sitting in storage), the bed, and planning the bathroom. I love the palladium blue color of the vanity but 1. am unsure as to whether the oil rubbed bronze fixtures are right i can still exchange them for polished nickel 2. Should switch to porcelain white sinks instead of oil rubbed bronze 3. Mostly, I do not know what color the tiles should be at this point. Non of the brown/beige appeal to me. I understand now that t 1. The shower and floor should be large and seamless 2. I like dragonfly's idea of putting the same material of the counter top on the bench top, niche base, and top of bench. BUT What color tile? What color tile? What material tile? now that I see the picture of seamless I understand. Should I change the wall color? Thank you for your input and giving me some direction. I work long hours as an SLP with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and I am so tired I have little time to search for an interior designer. Ellie
    ...See More

Simple Asian style shower and bathroom

Q

Comments (1)
    This is a common type bathroom in many hot climates . I think a center drain would help if that is even possible as for the glass walls they will need some kind of support but maybe stainless would be the answer to that. The other thing would be a circle shower curtain rod mounted to the ceiling and long enogh curtain to touch the floor and big enough to go all the way around the shower area. You could still use the teak tiles but I think a good tiled wall and floor will be fine maybe a fast drying mat right in front of the shower.
    ...See More
  • marylut
    2 years ago

Concerning your faucet finish question…the home should look “coordinated and pulled together” not haphazard. Builders buy in bulk and use the same faucet everywhere. Homeowners have the luxury of buying for each bathroom. IMHO, from one bath to another you should repeat the faucet basic shape (arched vs flat), you can modify the basic shape (flat in kids full bath but waterfall in powder room or mater bath), you can use the same color metal but mix the finish (polished in one bath and satin/brushed in another, or matte black in one and oil rubbed bronze in another), you can mix the sink type (vessel sink in powder room and undermount everywhere else). IMHO, as you update the bathrooms, consider Universal Design and switch from one handle for hot and one for cold to a single temp control handle, and switch from twist knobs to levers. You didn’t ask, but you have an integrated sink, and a more current look is a granite/quartz/quartzite stone (save money with a remnant) with undermount rectangle sink.

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ah yes, I wondering if I should be going with satin/brushed or if that bathroom would benefit from a matte black facuet. Actually yes, I want that entire top changed and sink as well. When I first bought it, I had a painter go through the entire house and repaint basically everything light greys and in addition (to save a bit of money at the time) I had him paint that countertop. I am ready though to change that top out though. I had only held off as one friend suggested I should do it when I redo my kitchen.

Yes “coordinated and pulled together” is such a HUGE priority for me right now which is why I so greatly appreciate the efforts by everyone here who helped pull my bathroom and also my exterior together. I also appreciate the picture references or photoshops people have done as i'm a bit of a visula learner.

• marylut
    2 years ago

You can wait for kitchen remodel but you can also get a stone remnant left from someone else’s project for your vanity now. Did you find art for the downstairs half bath?

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm thinking I might just do that counter upgrade and wait for the kitchen remodel like you are suggesting. It would be nice to finish off this downstairs half bath and get the counter redone. Ha....any suggestions or pics? No, unfortunately I didn't get art for the wall yet. I liked the one example that was posted earlier but I wasn't sure what size to get for that wall.

• felizlady
    2 years ago

Turn the light fixture on the wall so that the light shines DOWN instead of up. You will have light reflecting off the mirror and counter and a brighter bathroom instead of a bright ceiling.

rberesh73 thanked felizlady
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Unfortunately at the moment I"m unable to do that. I tried and found out that the frosted glass pieces will just fall through and won't stay in the holders. Great idea though.

• marylut
    2 years ago

Oh, I thought you were going to use painters tape on the wall to see how big you wanted to go with the art. The bigger, the more impressive it will be.

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ah yes, I was going to do that, but then I was wondering if there was some sort of 'rule of thumb' for sizing given the wall dimensions I gave. I really did like the art that was recommended on this thread. Just needed a proper size

• jtkaybean
    2 years ago

Good idea,can you change out that light?
    My husband just changed out our light fixture in our dark and dreary window-less powder room.New light fixture is crystal,very glam.I also painted BM Owl Grey 25% darker.Amazing transformation!!!

rberesh73 thanked jtkaybean
  • marylut
    2 years ago

A rule of thumb is multiply width of wall by .57 to see how wide the picture should be. (Example: 60” wall times .57 equals 34” width for picture or a few inches less. To hang at right height, find middle of the picture and that should hang about 54”- 60” from the floor, but keep the top of the frame at least 12” below the ceiling, also make sure top of picture frame height looks good with top of mirror.

• PRO
    COCo
    2 years ago

This is a bathroom with black vanity, mirror light and water closet.
    No budget mentioned 
    You have a small spread there is a great waterfall faucet 6" spread and has great water flow.
    Not spending a lot

My suggestion is to have fun here. Cover the vanity wall with 
    4x12 white and black subway tile 
    End at vanity with simple black or pencil.
    The watercloset wall from vanity to end, end wall and back to meet end of vanity.
    End wall with a small trim paint it black 
    This area cover with cut outs from magazines, newspapers, USA, British, Europe Global 
    All the best cartoonists. Layout, then paste over the  entire area.
    Sheac, poly cover to preserve.

You will always find a new one to giggle and life needs laughter 
    In the corner a table to hold an array if magazines, newspapers articles fun items 
    It would be great to change the floor but that is a messy job. A good looking oriental in black and white works 

The counter needs accessories 
    A tall silver candelabra with candles some short some tall is always fun 
    A nice set of hand towels, set on counter in container is needed with soap and hand sanitizer Garbage can Humankind have some that open with no touch 
    The mirror I would change to the new led ..
    Opposite vanity paint wall bright matt white and add art 
    The ceiling is an opportunity to add more fun with wood in a bamboo color oak could be pattern.
    Or a few beamd running from vanity to other side 4-6 
    In the center I would add a chandelier. The antelope ones will add wood.
    The vanity light is not needed with the led.if you want a vanity light look at the new round frosted white globes 

Have fun with the room.
    Enjoy

rberesh73 thanked COCo
  • PRO
    COCo
    2 years ago

The floor is great. The shag carpet needs to leave. Is there wood under this. If so perfect 

You lack coordination and lighting to start 
    I am guessing you just moved in.
    The bathroom of cartoons is guest? If not then change the plan, where is shower tub second area, closet, doors are ?
    What is your style?
    There is some great art here John Davison has some.

Bathroom Art, Towel Rods and carpet. Now is time to buy. Perigold sale is on, Neiman monogrammed towels is on 
    Remove light over vanity and mirror.
    Repaint bathroom grey is over and it does not work here 
    White Dove OC17 is a good white 
    Ceiling I would do in wood, same as floors ..
    I would still out candelabra or many wooden candleholders 8-12 in different sizes 
    Center of ceiling or off center the small antelope light fixture.
    Hernesf com has some great lighting for bathroom and bedroom 
    Great globes frosted and hang either side mirror 
    There is a planet ceiling fixture in place of antelope.
    The back wall I like one of the gigantic elephant mural .
    The floor tile is a mess to change 
    If possible a porcelain in Carrera or Bianco With numerous striations from grey to dark blue look great.
    Waterfall faucet

Bedroom back wall I would lose the two hanging fixtures. 
    The same fixture globes 2 they are vertical and stunning either side of bed. Each on its own switch 
    Over bed towards center room ceiling fan with light to dim 
    At the wall opposite bed a fireacd is always great 
    TV if in room hang directly from ceiling it can turn 180 degrees.
    Out of the way.
    Keep headphones handy so one can sleep one awake 
    Or I prefer 2 tablets on resting pillow ear bobs you can read watch TV 
    Do not need giant tv in bedroom 
    Either side of bed a Bombay chest is a great piece to use.
    Taller than bedside table with drawers. You can place items in top drawer tablet eat bobs etc.
    And you get to add color 
    Yellow , Red, Asian black and reds. Many options 
    Modern with other lower end tables Modrest has round ones in your colors white grey black 
    Look great with hernest.com lighting 
    End

• PRO
    COCo
    2 years ago

Second boys bedroom 
    Let them pick what they like 
    Do they want futon?
    Many do..
    Bookcases huge need as there is always stuff. And it grows with them.
    Desk Best desk Herman Miller sit stand communicate wire rack usb and electric under.
    Chairs Go Sit com
    Best for ergonomics .
    Sitting standing at computer every hour you must take a break. A great trick the product Clocky comes on wheels. Place away from desk so you must get up to turn off alarm set to go off hourly.
    The clock had wheels jumps off table and runs around floor. Screeching sound. You have to get up and get it. Laughing because it never gets old 
    I use one and it is fun 
    The bookcases can be found at many stores. As they age these will change. Clear plastic bins takes toys. Shelves hold awards and school books and more.
    Floor I prefer boys rooms have carpet. Their general mode is anything is allowed on the floor .
    One can only police so much.
    Enjoy your home and everyone in it.

rberesh73 thanked COCo
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi justjill. Sounds great! I'd love to see pics if possible of your light fixture or one you would recommend. I also want to change the paint colour in the bathroom and I have one in mind.

Thanks Marylut! That will help with picking the right size!

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

COCo- ugh I posted a lengthy reply to your posts and my computer crashed so hopefully I remember everyrthing. First of all...THANK YOU for all the time and ideas you shared in your posts. I love hearing all sorts of different directions that I can go with my house and thanks to the people on this site it's really made a difference. I'm going to do 2 replies...1 for each of your posts.

You are correct. I have no spending limit for the bathroom. My only issue (which you mentioned) is the flooring. Unfortunately it runs throughout the bathroom, hallway, kitchen and laundry room. I"m not saying I'd never change it, however right now it wouldn't be in the cards.

This main floor bathroom is fairly long and also narrow. I like the idea of a rug in there although I don't know if I have the room as it's so narrow. I like the direction of going with an oriental rug and I'd love to pick your brain about a great rug for my front entrance that is also in dire need of a redo.

Accessory wise, I did buy some suggested soap and cream dispensers from pottery barn. Can't remember if I posted pictures. Also I definitely need to get some art going on in that room as well. Just was wondering what sizing would work.

I've been hearing about chandeliere lighting in bathrooms for awhile I'm actually considering that for another bathroom reno I want to do this summer (it's an upstairs main bathroom). Ha rest assured i'll be looking to people here for input as well on that project!

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

COCo.

It's funny because generally people seem to like that flooring that is currently there. It's laminate and it's called golden oak. I'm neither here or there with it. Probably if it already ran throughout the entire upstairs I wouldn't bother, however, I can't stand those shag rugs and figure it would be a great time to redo the entire upstairs with a new wood. Just have no clue what colour or material to use. I'm not concerned with a price limit.

Ha you are correct in that I am lacking coordination. I actually moved in around 10 years ago. The first year or so, I just left everything and then at that point I had the entire house inside repainted. Originally it was a ton of tan and oak and I wanted to give it a more modern feel. Bit by bit I've had the exteriors upgraded, the basement finished and reno'd one small bathroom of the main bedroom. Now it's time to roll up my sleeves and get the rest of the house cooridnated but indeed I need a plan.

What are you thoughts on a flooring choice for the upstairs? Any picture samples would be greatly appreciated.

• marylut
    2 years ago

You say you need a feeling of completeness and are overwhelmed with the many home improvement projects you face. So let’s get a project completed!!! Focus on the downstairs half bath you started. Order the art you love, if your wall is 48” wide the art should be about 24” wide. Get a stone remnant for the vanity counter (ignore the floor color because you will put down new flooring later), new undermount sink, new faucet. If your vanity is 48”, buy 2x3 oriental rug (look at colors in your art and post your favs in Houzz half bath ideabook). If your vanity is 48”, buy 36” wide over-the-mirror light fixture (post your favs in your Houzz half bath idea book).

• marylut
    2 years ago

Once you finish the half bath, move on to flooring (unless you plan to change kitchen layout). Put this same flooring everywhere upstairs except full baths, everywhere downstairs except laundry room, and don’t forget the staircase. If your neighborhood has hardwood floors, definitely bring your house up to the standard…but if they don’t then don’t over-improve your house, spend your hard earned cash wisely and consider engineered hardwood. What do you think of the color and grain of White Oak in satin finish? It is timeless and suits causal and transitional homes.

• marylut
    2 years ago

Or do you prefer White Oak in a warmer color like honey?

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Ha ok sounds like a plan! I will set about getting art work and finishing off that half bathroom on the main floor.

As for flooring.....I think I really like the White Oak in satin finish. My house was filled to the gills with golden oak and i'm really not fussy about going back to that. I can't remember if I've posted pics here, but all the doors and trim were painted espresso brown/black. I had the option of having it painted white but I couldn't be guarantteed that the finish would stay or how the paint would set. I couldn't really part with some 10 or so solid oak doors so that's why i went dark (although I know almost all houses have white doors and white trim). I actually didn't think the dark came out too badly to be honest.

• PRO
    COCo
    2 years ago

Hi Do you have a budget! Everything at the moment is priced high, arrives late or not at all. I have been waiting on simple 5 panel glass doors and finally cancelled.

I would suggest you do the following

Go to a good linen pillow store. Find one with your 3 favorite colors.

Why because these colors can be your palette. It is easier to carry a pillow.

There are finances to consider

Now inflation.

Now low rates to re fi and to get home equity

Make a decision what to.spend and hide 15%

You will go over

Hire a local good designer who knows where and how to shop.

The money you spend on the designer you will get back what you pay her.

Make a list of your pet peeves. No mud room, recycle sometimes the dulls stuff has to be addressed

Then walk your home like you.are looking to buy

What you love, like and would change

Have a go with.a walk thru with designer

Visit other homes for sale in your area

Why don't overspend and you may see some things that will help you

Good

The money you spend on the designer you will get back.Make a list of your peeve

rberesh73 thanked COCo
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I really don't have a budget in mind at the moment. Obviously there are some over the top choices that I've stayed away from mainly because styles change. However I've never skimped out when doing any sort of reno. Over the last 5 years or so I've been steadily doing upgrades to both the interior and exterior and have stayed clear of any debt.

• jtkaybean
    2 years ago

I’m sure the experts can recommend a great lighting fixture for you.I just wanted something BRIGHT lol! We will put on a dimmer.Not the light best for applying make-up.Our powder room is near our pool/entertaining area and gets a lot of abuse ha.
    I tried so many paint colors and went with Grey Owl because it has a subtle,blue/grey that glows.I used the Aura and used 3 coats plus a primer.
    Precious color was BM Shaker Beige and it didn’t do that room any favors.
    I sanded,caulked the original hardwood floors and applied a water-based poly (4 coats). OMG It was back breaking work.I’m most proud of that job.Floor was a nightmare to clean and dirt really clung to it.Now cleaning is. Breeze.
    Good luck,I can’t wait to see what you do!

• jtkaybean
    2 years ago

I meant to say “previous” not precious

• jtkaybean
    2 years ago

Oh also swapped out old vanity for new blue/grey one.Correction to paint name-it’s GRAY Owl. Looked the best with new vanity,and changed out mirror too

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wow that really looks awesome justjill! For paint colour I was told to use a greige paint due to my floors. I really love your light fixture and vanity! Always great to see what others are doing. I watch a lot home flipping shows and I'm always blown away by the results people can get from their existing house. I know my house has potential it's just a matter of bringing it out with help from people like yourself!

• PRO
    COCo
    2 years ago

Please go to Houzz shop art and put in Elephant Mural. I am on phone and my photos will not go up
     There are some great big wall size elephant murals.
    There if also magnetic murals for refrigerator. Again an elephant coming out of the mist.
    Opening the bathroom door and seeing him would be a hoot!

rberesh73 thanked COCo
  • PRO
    COCo
    2 years ago

Hi I noticed you are looking at floors. The area you mentioned
     Bathroom Hallway and another room had this tile you dislike.
    Why not start in an area you dislike the tile and get a good looking laminate floor. 
    I just used this floor came out great 
    However, a sample needs to be put down in the color you pick.
    Grey's, whites they are leaving.
    A simple classic color is best and hardest to find in laminate.
    Bamboo is a great wood floor depending where you live 
    Bamboo needs moisture. Using in the low humidity areas your bamboo will come apart 
    Make sure you pick the right floor for the area.
    Things to consider
    Animals - Floors with pre scratched, beat marks is a good option with animals and kids under (,not sure anymore,) ,8? Snowboards and giant sneakers appear with rubber marks.

If this is not a problem Jasper makes a good wood floor.
    Laminate is also found in this line 

Light oak no yellow -  Pergo Laminate called Northern Lights is very light depending on room location lighting 
    This will work in bathroom hallway etc.
    You have hardwood upstairs and you might be able to sand lighten and refinish with a lot less dust and fuss. Cost depends on the flooring and the type purchased if this can be done.
    Might save some funds time and mess.
    One of the local flooring stores that sell to GC can assist.
    Home Depot carries Pergo which is a good
    Product and this one has a good price. Last I checked $1.06 sq ft+ install. 

The paint color in the bathroom, I would go with a bright white.  Sherwin Highly Reflective White is a clean white.
    The accessories you asked for fun and perhaps elegant is more the style 
    A simple chandelier or with the king vanity a long hanging modern lamp would work.
    www.getnesg.com has some lively ones 
    Planets, a bird sits in one etc .

Great accessories Perigold on sale now 
    I tend to look for sales in Feb as white sakes are in and linens, towels etc are greatly reduced.

I think you have received a lot of good information.and suggestions to start to make a list formulate a budget and begin to move forward 
    Tackle one section.at a time and keep them toes together with your ,3rd color

The pillow trick might have your white, a sage or blue? Your option depending what is in the house.
    Black we know , white now a ,,3rd gold, silver for some small areas in each room. Maybe in art , on a ceiling rub ?etc.

Enjoy 
    LED mirrors are  a good way to go 

product.

rberesh73 thanked COCo
  • hbeing
    2 years ago

that blank wall next to the door could use a long curtain rod as a towel rod. super functional and nice towels = art.

rberesh73 thanked hbeing
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Sorry just saw these posts now. Not sure why i wasn't updated. The long curtain rod is interesting. Haven't heard that idea.

I actually don't have hardwood flooring upstairs. It's laminate which is another reason why i'm open to ripping it up and those rugs as well. I like the suggestion that I do the upstairs and main floor with the same time of flooring. Just a matter of picking what kind. The light oak seemed interesting.

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I do currently have 1 dog and the only area I forsee that would be a 'problem' is with what type of flooring i'd use in the main family room. It opens to sliding doors which make their way to a pool. So wet dogs and people being wet from the pool may cause problems on that one area of flooring.

• marylut
    2 years ago

Do wood floors everywhere, an outdoor mat outside the family room slider, a pool bathroom mat for inside the slider, and area rugs in all the rooms to protect floor from heavy traffic paths, to cozy up the feel each room, to give bare feet a soft warm surface beside the bed.

• marylut
    2 years ago

A non-slip absorbent indoor/outdoor mat comes in many types of materials

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks marylut.....that would make things a lot easier if 1 type of flooring was decided upon and run throughout the entire upstairs and main level. The basement already has a laminate put in a few years back so I'll leave that for now. It doesn't get a ton of use at the moment.

• PRO
    Rocks in Stock
    2 years ago

A nice backsplash like this

Bathroom · More Info

Or an accent wall with stone tiles

from RocksinStock.com

rberesh73 thanked Rocks in Stock
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Updates coming soon! I bought some art and a new tap!!

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I'm getting a bit inspired to repaint the room, change the counter top, and of course move that handle holder....maybe get a smaller one.

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

So this is the tap I picked up. Hope to get it installed soon and the picture as well. Was supposed to be done last weekend but things got busy.

A lot of people suggested that I move that towel ring. Where would you move it? Also any suggestions of what kind and perhaps sizing I should look for? I have to admit...all of this has me a bit inspired to change that counter top and maybe even the lighting. Any pics of suggestions are welcomed!

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• jackowskib
    2 years ago

For towel ring I suggest you stand at the sink and reach to the wall without taking a step or stretching. That’s where it should go I think.

rberesh73 thanked jackowskib
  • rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Great idea thanks! Would you change the hook or could you suggest a different towel holder?

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

new pics!

• marylut
    2 years ago

I like the new faucet and the art is a great size. Is there another towel ring closer to the sink? And further from the toilet so it doesn’t harbor as many germs?

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

That's hopefully my next step. Initially the bathroom had a long narrow towel bar that was on the opposite wall facing the mirror (which I had taken down). For whatever reason, the new towel ring was placed between the vanity and the toilet. I'm thinking of not only moving the ring closer to the mirror but also buying an entirely new ring. Any picture suggestions? I wonder if the toilet paper holder would be better served by being placed on the end of the vanity and out of site.

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

As you'll see from the pics, if I get a new ring it probably should be small. If I move the current ring closer to the mirror, I'd roughly say the maximum distance I can move it is about 20cm to the left. That way it would be over the counter and not too close to the mirror. If you see the second pic, the space is pretty limited for a towel ring I think.

• rberesh73
    Original Author
    2 years ago

While at it, are there any other picture suggestions for the bathroom that people can suggest?

• jackowskib
    2 years ago

Hold the towel ring with the towel on it to mark spot on wall. Position it so bottom of towel just touches backsplash. I would move toilet paper to side of cabinet.

rberesh73 thanked jackowskib
  • doubledeerfarms
    2 years ago

I’d consider an interesting and bold wallpaper. You have a lot of wall space and something with a large pattern might really help. You could paint the vanity a corresponding color. You could tile or add wainscoting to the bottom half to tone it down if you wanted to. I think bathrooms are great places to do something bold. And it wouldn’t cost much!

rberesh73 thanked doubledeerfarms