SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_994484901

10 weeks to decide tile for new addition bathroom nothing is simple

Eleanor Smith-Litt
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

The bathroom in our in-the-process-new addition needs tile of course. I thought, because I had a houzz picture of my favorite traditional bathroom it would be simple. Nothing is simple. Every tile I like doesn't have necessary version in subway, or no caps or bullnose, or only shiny. the list goes on.

I do have a picture I found from Houzz.

I went to the design center and the recommendation was this porcelain. I think it looks like a cheap travertine imitation and worry about holes being difficult to clean

This is it:

There was just something I did not like about it but my architect assistant kept telling me it was what I wanted.. lol

Here is the shower configuration

WITHOUT THE herringbone tile instead a niche that is 2 feet high and about 3 and a half feet wide.

I did not like this tile and spent months searching on line, going to tile shops.

Finally I came across this one tile which is not porcelain but ceramic.

I want to use the pretty pattern in the niche.

Subway tile below bullnose in shower on all walls.

12x12 on floor and above subway in shower

Either this.....

or this on floor and ceilings

and this between the subway on the bottom and the 12x12 on the top

First bullnose THIS?

THIS?

OR THIS?

THEN THIS?

OR THIS?

The counter is marble Botuceli (can't spell) marble. I want to put the same subway , bullnose, and decorative strip above the sinks as a backsplash.

BIG QUESTION:

The tile comes in light (samples are light) and dark as in the first floor picture.

Please help me decide whether I am going in the wrong direction with this tile for the bathroom and whether I should go

LIGHT OR DARK FOR THE TILES IN THE INSPIRATION BATHROOM PICTURE. The floor in the picture is darker it seems. I just don't know what to do.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Comments (9)