SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn237

My daughter has decided on bathroom floor finally

Lyban zone 4
14 years ago

I am sure many of you remember my posts about my daughters home and her reno on the bathroom. She was trying to get opinions of her choice of bathroom floor and not many agreed with her choice, then she switched to different floor and again did not get a very favorable reply. Well we took a week or so off and now this is her new choice.

This AO catarina Colliseum white 12 by 12 porcelain tile laid on the diagonal as many suggested for floor. Then white subways in bath area up to ceiling and half way up on rest of bathroom walls. Very small bathroom. Memoirs pedestal sink and toilet.

Here is what she wants that we need advice on. Be honest if this is really not a good idea.

She loves this Carrera marble strip tile and would like to cut the mesh and lay 3 rows of it as a border on top of her subways in the bathroom area. No border in tub area. The problem is the carrera will be about 1/4 inch or a bit less thicker than the subway so would be a liitle bit protruding out. Will this look OK or be really unacceptable.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say here.

Please let us know what you think?

I have attached photos of the tile for floor and the tile border for wall.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (37)