SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19039753

Breakfast this Morning

User
2 years ago

We had breakfast on the porch this morning. Cheese omelets, coffee and this Danish Puff. I've wanted to try this recipe ever since I got Betty Crocker's Lost Recipes cookbook about 4 years ago. And today was the day -- OMG is it good and not all that hard to make but it does require some planning because it's an hour bake and really should cool (more than I let it) before you dribble the icing on it. It's defnitely a make again recipe!

DANISH PUFF:

PASTRY:

1 c. flour

1/2 c. butter, softened

2 T. water

TOPPING:

1/2 c. butter

1 c. water

1 t. almond extract

1 c. flour

3 eggs

GLAZE:

1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

2 T. butter, softened

1/2 t. vanilla

1 to 2 T. milk

sliced almonds

Heat oven to 350. Place 1 cup flour in bowl, cut in butter until particles are size of coarse crumbs. Sprinkle 2 T. water over miture, toss with fork. Gather pastry into a ball; divide in half. Pat each half into 12 x 3 inch rectangle, about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

In a saucepan, heat 1/2 c. butter and 1 c. water to roiling boi; remove from heat. Quickly stir in almond extract and 1 c. flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat. Add eggs; beat until smooth. Spread half of topping over each rectangle.

Bake about 1 hour or until topping is crisp and brown; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool complerely.

In medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients except nuts until smooth and spreadable. Spread over top of pastry; sprinkle with almonds.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County