SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw123

How do I make this recipe into cookie bars?

Sooz
2 years ago

This is referencing the recipe from Tara O'Brady* (Link here: My New Fave, I think) that is competition with my other favorite T&T chocolate chip cookie recipe.

I'd like to make the recipe into cookie bars & ship them off to a friend, but am not sure of the following:

Use an 8 x8 or 9x9 pan?

Use a glass pan or a metal one?

What time and temp?

Does putting foil around the perimeter if the edges start getting too crispy-looking really help?

In the past, I've made cookie bars (choc chip cookie bars, but a different recipe) in a 9 x 13 pan and made one batch in a jelly roll pan, and the edges were just too crispy--both pans were lined with parchment AND it was a challenge to spread the dough to the edges.

Thanks!

Smiles,

Sooz

*Recipe, bare bones recap, if you don't want to click on the link:

1 C salted butter, chopped

3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons medium-grained kosher salt

1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup granulated sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped

Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling (optional)

You know the drill, plus it's on the link to this recipe, above... preheat oven, line baking sheets, chop chocolate & set aside, melt butter and put it in one bowl, and use a different bowl for flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk sugar into melted butter, add eggs, whisk, add vanila, stir in dry ingredients, add chocolate chips, incorporate well. Scoop or roll into balls, bake, rotate pan halfway through cooking. Cool on wire rack etc.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional