jasdip1

Sunday's Brain Game---SOLUTION!

Jasdip
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Comments (76)

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

4th hint: we’re seeing less of them since the pandemic hit.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

B1 - the ZZ is most definitely not the buzz of an electric razor!

• User
    2 years ago

B2

According to Louis, when you do it, the whole world does it with you.🙂

(I’m running out of songs)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Very late to the party, I know, but looking at this for the first time, I'm stumped on A1, D1 and the bonus (assuming it's not the obvious).

• User
    2 years ago

The bonus should come in the blink of an eye, I think.

• bpath
    2 years ago

B2, aHA. My dad would be embarrassed I didn't get it. It's very different than the usual puzzle, IMO.. And no, no hints in the comment, just my commentary. Unless I tell you my dad was a civil engineer.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Second glance. Nope, still nothing for A1, D1 or the bonus ... thanks anyway for the hint roxsol.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I think I finally got B2. The mention of civil engineer suggested that I go a little scientific (?) in my thinking.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

If I’ve got D1 right it’s got an extra vowel.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

But now I’m not sure it’s right because I had a name of a product that doesn’t exist on the company’s website.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Foas, if I'm right for , you're wrong. I look forward to seeing what you think it is.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Oh! Wait a second...I just got D1 but foas, I think instead of an extra vowel, it's a wrong vowel. Or maybe it depends on where you're from and how you pronounce it? I got it though - I'm sure it's right, so thank you, that did actually help. Anyone want to help me with A1?

• User
    2 years ago

D1 has to do with sports according to Husband.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

You’re just itching to see what I thought it was, bpath?

• bpath
    2 years ago

Oh. Now I see what you're thinking. And I think you're wrong, and roxsol is right.

• bpath
    2 years ago

For A1, all I can think of is too early!

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Hahaha, foas, that was actually my first thought when I looked at it but quickly decided that couldn't be it. The actual answer, which, yes, roxsol, is sports related, didn't occur to me until you, foas gave me the hint and that wasn't actually a correct hint. Lol - isn't this fun?!

• User
    2 years ago

Second glance. Nope, still nothing for A1, D1 or the bonus ... thanks anyway for the hint roxsol.

Oh, lettersatoz. I do believe you’ve got the second word in the bonus correct.! Hopefully, the first word comes quickly.

• User
    2 years ago

For A1, all I can think of is too early!

Oh me too! And poor C2 at that time of the year! Apparently, those critters run her over.

• bpath
    2 years ago

Is the Bonus also sports-related?

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, I suppose it could be. Like in the Olympics where there’s very little difference between first place and third place.

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, I’ve used a synonym for the bonus in just about every comment I’ve posted. Right from the first one. (Even my brand of peanut butter)

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

haha roxsol - oh great, now I'm going to have that song in my head! lol, I get what you're trying to get me say, but.....really? For A1? Ok. I can't come up with anything better, so.....

Still not seeing the bonus. I have about an hour before I have to go so will continue to drive myself crazy by staring at it.

• User
    2 years ago

lettersatoz, don’t let it drive you bananas. Gosh, an hour! That’s not very long! The time will pass before you know it!

• bpath
    2 years ago

I have my own answer for the Bonus and now I'm really confused! Just when I think I've ALMOST got a different answer, I settle for what I have.

• User
    2 years ago

bpath, if it’s a good answer stick with it. I like my answer. Remember we mark our own papers and I’m giving myself full marks for mine.

It will be interesting to see what we’ve come up with.😁

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oh man I screwed up the same state! Again!

• OutsidePlaying
    2 years ago

Oh wow, i just got D1 thanks to one of the clues from a husband. I feel so dense!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

B2 & C2 are complete mysteries to me, but pretty sure I have all the rest.

For the bonus, I'm reminded of Miss America - that is, if I'm correct...

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I'm pretty sure of my answer for D1. Its similarity to part of Wednesday's puzzle makes it pretty hard to miss, I think.

Rusty

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Here you go!!

A-1 Up on the housetop click click click
    A-2 Excuses, Excuses
    A-3 Toronto Blue Jays

B-1 ZZ Top
    B-2 Smile
    B-3 Nice Guys Finish Last

C-1 Win in Triple Overtime
    C-2 Grandma
    C-3 Sight for Sore Eyes

D-1 Tennessee Titans
    D-2 Lemonade
    D-3 Dialing for dollars

And

A split second (runner-up)

• User
    2 years ago

Lol, my hints for ”split second” were, instant, quick, quickly, instantaneously, Jiffy, blink of an eye. I even threw in banana for the split part. I didn’t put runner-up in my answer as it is not necessary (in my mind) to make sense.

My hints for ”smile” were the songs ”I Can See for Miles and Miles and Miles” and ”500 Miles” and 😊 Oh, and ”When You’re Smiling”

Thanks Jasdip. Lots of fun again.😃

I believe I got them all.

• bpath
    2 years ago

For the bonus, I had "division runner-up", which seems to suit this Chicagoan married to a Canadian.

For B3, I had Five Guys, a yummy burger chain. Really yummy. Really. Excuse me, now I'm hungry. Back in 20 minutes with burgers and peanuts.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Five Guys 😂

A1, I guess it’s a song, don’t know it. ”House photographer” is the best I had; knew it was wrong.

Late save on D1

Bonus is clever! I had first runner up.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I got everything except the bonus. It was bpath hint of her father being a civil engineer that gave me B2. 1760 yards in a mile and for this Canadian who hasn't used miles or yards since we switched to metric that was really stretching my memory.

• lettersatoz
    2 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip - and roxsol for all of the hints - I can finally go to sleep now that i know the bonus, which i never did come up with!

And I’ve never heard of A1 so I at least feel better about not getting that - what is that, anyway - song? movie? phrase?

• User
    2 years ago

Up on the housetop, click, click, click
    Down through the chimney with old Saint Nick

• lily316
    2 years ago

I got them all but B2 and I still don't get it even with the answer. Explain, please.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

1760 yards is a mile. My hint of it being clearer after ”three times” meant that muliplying by 3 to get 5280 feet would lead to a more recognizable number.

Anyway S-mile. Smile. We see less of them during the pandemic due to masks, another of my hints.

• foodonastump
    2 years ago

Oops I guess I do know that song. Too early!

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

So I was wrong about the bonus, and I did see Jasdip's warning, but I guess I didn't understand. I thought it was 'first runner up'

I was also wrong about B3 - I thought it was '5 Guys' the burger chain.

We sang that Christmas song in 3rd grade for our holiday concert, so it's indelibly etched in my memory.

• lily316
    2 years ago

Thanks, food. I would never have gotten it but got Up On the Housetop click click click immediately.

• Rusty
    2 years ago

I guessed 'Toronto Green Jays' for A3, as the j's are very green on my monitor. But I don't think Green Jays go that far north, so I Googled it, and thus found 'Toronto Blue Jays'. So I didn't come by that answer honestly.

Had 'Zip up' for B1, never heard of ZZ Top, so I Googled them just now. I'm not a fan of rock music, so not surprising I didn't know that one.

And while I did come up with the correct saying for C1, it made no sense to me. Does that count?

Looks like I'm doomed to always missing one or two.

Oh well, it's a fun game regardless.

Rusty

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    2 years ago

Blue Jays play here often, so I'm familiar, even tho I'm no sports fan.

• Lars
    2 years ago

I never heard of the Toronto Blue Jays, "Click, Click, Click" song, or Tennessee Titans, whatever that is. I still don't know what the Blue Jays are.

• bpath
    2 years ago

They play baseball.

• User
    2 years ago

And the Titans play football.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

I figured out the saying for D3 but have no idea what it means or what it is.

• blfenton
    2 years ago

The Blue Jays played the Orioles on Sunday and the Orioles were probably wishing there was a mercy rule.

• patriciae_gw
    2 years ago

I was never going to get D1.